Please help me find the name of this music

Farasha Hanem

I've heard it before, but unfortunately don't know the name of it. My SoundHound app didn't recognized it, so I asked the person who owns the channel for the name of the song. Hopefully, we'll get some answers, unless one of our wonderful forum members here already knows it. :D

Farasha Hanem

You're very welcome! :D I'll keep checking my YouTube inbox, and like I said, unless someone else comes up with the answer, I'll let you know when tiazzabellydance responds. I also have YouTube linked to my Facebook account, so maybe someone there might know the answer, too. :)

Yshka

Hello dear ladies, the song uses part of the well-known balady piece 'Aament Bellah' if I'm correct, which comes in millions of versions. I do not know which artist did this lovely version, but the title might get you started towards finding this song! :)

Sirène

Hello dear ladies, the song uses part of the well-known balady piece 'Aament Bellah' if I'm correct, which comes in millions of versions. I do not know which artist did this lovely version, but the title might get you started towards finding this song! :)

Bless your ears! :clap: I was trying to find it and had to throw in the towel. I'm not completely sure if it's an edit of Mahmoud Fadl's Aament Bellah which is over twelve minutes long, but if not it's darn close. For those who are willing, you can hear the complete version of Aament Bellah on Fadl's MySpace page.

Yshka

Dear Sirène,

Mahmoud's 12 min. one is lovely, but I'm missing the trumpets here that are so specific to his song;). I think this one is not by Mahmoud Fadl, but I know I've heard it before. Maybe googling Aament Bellah might bring up some artists that have also done this song?

Glad I could help :D

Farasha Hanem

Thank you, Yshka! ^^ I've been continually checking my inbox on YouTube, but I still haven't received an answer from the poster of the video. :( Ah, well.

It's great seeing you posting on the forum again, I've missed you! :)

Yshka

Awww thanks dear Farasha! *hug*
I've missed coming here as often as I'd like too, due to changing jobs and everything. Hope to be 'seeing' more of you around here as well :D

Farasha Hanem

Flowerrose, I finally heard from tiazzabellydance today. Here's what she said in her comments section of the video:

this was a copy of an old track from someone in Egypt! Unfortunately I could never find it on any CD.

tiazzawilson 2 days ago

I'm sorry that she, too, couldn't find it on CD. I'm guessing her music must have been live for her performance, but I could be wrong. There is a way of making an mp4 file through RealPlayer, but I'm not too sure how legal it would be to use music copied directly from YouTube (probably not at all).

Fortunately, the Middle East has a wealth of music that is available on CD, or for download off the internet! :D Try browsing the Middle Eastern/bellydance music at online stores such as emusic, iTunes, Amazon, or Napster. Wal-Mart also has a surprising amount of ME music available at Walmartdownloads.com, and you can use a Wal-Mart gift card, instead of your bank or credit card. :)

:clap: Oh, lordy, I just got off work a few hours ago, and I'm STILL sounding like a poster child for Wally World! :doh: :wall: I think I shall say good night, everyone! :lol:

Greek Bonfire

Good to know that Walmart has more world music!

Unfortunately, Borders had a lot in the actual store, and now they are leaving us!