Strange Veil

Amulya

The stick doesn't add anything to the veil, this can be done with a normal veil, anyone seen this before:

Darshiva

I like the stick, I think it's a fun way of adding new texture & dimension to veil as a prop. However, I think the performer isn't dancing to the music. I'd assume an overdub except that there are audience noises in the background. I wonder why she's going so very fast when the music is only moderately fast. Maybe the video sped up on her & she was actually in time?

I have to admit I am being very sorely tempted to make one of those stick veils & give it a try. I like anything that adds height/reach to me.

Greek Bonfire

It looks to me like she's missing the other half of her Isis wings! Seriously, I guess it was a matter of time that someone would dance with only one. As beautiful as these props are, the principal of dancing without using the prop has to be kept in mind at all times. I'm not saying she is doing this but I'm not a fan of any prop that has the possibility of stealing the show, so to speak.

Victoria R

I thought you did a great job!

Shanazel

In the USA folks like this are called "flag girls" and they usually perform during half time at high school football games. ;)

Yame

Lovely dancer. Very modern choreography... I liked that she let go of the prop fairly early on and danced propless for most of the song.

I didn't really like the "half wings" look of this veil, I don't think the "drawings" she makes with the stick end of the veil work well with the loose end. But still, it's something new and different and maybe some will like it.

I think it's totally valid since her performance isn't just being held up by the novelty of the prop, she is clearly a great dancer and dances just as well if not better without it.

Starmouth

I suppose its just a way of leaving one arm free whilst still making pretty shapes with a veil. Like many people of said, like one isis wing.

female BD-Torrero?

I noticed spanish language; costume and curtains in red (Spain) -
so it's close to think she was interpreting expiring male Torreros in contemporary BD with on stick (like the Torreros sword) and the common red veil.

Yame

I noticed spanish language; costume and curtains in red (Spain) -
so it's close to think she was interpreting expiring male Torreros in contemporary BD with on stick (like the Torreros sword) and the common red veil.

LOL! "Close," except that the costume and veil are pink, not red. The red curtain is part of the event she was performing in, not the performance itself. And she's from Chile, not Spain ;)

So, no new created Bellydance Torrero

sorry, I did not follow up the local origin of this performance. I considered the colour of costume and veil to be a lighter red.

Yame

sorry, I did not follow up the local origin of this performance. I considered the colour of costume and veil to be a lighter red.

I took your post to be a tongue-in-cheek comment, I thought it was funny. But I wanted to put that out there in case someone took it seriously!