Thread: New Class

Post Thanks / Like

Default New Class

Well my new class (new teacher) started yesterday. I was so nervous I had trouble sleeping yesterday morning. I wasn't even that nervous before my first ever class. Wonder what that's about? But class went well and was so much fun. There was a thread before where it was brought up about students bonding...The instructor had us pairing up to do different moves. I thought that was a good idea...I am hopeful that I will make friends but I'm not sure about it. The class is smaller than my last (15 vs 50) There are several repeat students who stuck together and the new students all seemed to have come with a friend...I was also happy that there were mirrors in this room.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, that sounds like a great class! What do you mean pairing up to do different moves? Like, two students work on the same move together, another pair of students works on another move?

Post Thanks / Like

Like we'd have to face each other and smile & shoulder shimmy, then pivot and do tush-pushes while looking back at the other person, things like that. I think she wanted us to keep in mind that it is interactive dance.