Greetings from San Diego!

ana_bat

Its a nice today not sweating buckets! ^^

About me:
I love all belly dance, I'm in school studying sociology, ultimately I want to be a librarian so I love info, organizing it, storing it, researching, etc.

ATS is my main thing, I study it with a good friend who has a sister studio, I take classes in ME dance which is a style that I find personally very challenging and I love it!

Right now in this dance journey I find that I'm trying to find my voice. I know that my personal style (when not doing ATS) is fusion but how much is too much? Is fusion okay? These are the answers I'm currently trying to answer for myself. And frankly I'm confused and tired...Hoping these boards will be forgiving to a novice with a zillion questions! ANYWHO. Its nice to meet all of you out there!

-Ana

:D

Greek Bonfire

Welcome to the forum! I think you will get a lot of your questions answered here on your journey in bellydance!

Mosaic

Super Moderator
to the forum. Don't hesitate to ask questions, there is bound to be someone here who will have an answer or be able to point you in the right direction. Also older threads may contain info you seek, so don't forget to run a search with key words:D
~Mosaic

ana_bat

Yes!
Old posts are awesome. I've learned so much already and having quite a bit of fun in the process!

ana_bat

Get thee to David Badyal at the Ethnic Dance Academy if you're looking for a thoughtful introduction to Egyptian technique!!

And how! But I heard he is only teaching privates at the moment. Quite out of budget for a community college student :/

Luckily there are so many many wonderful instructors here!