Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

regarding the drill for shimmy & other moves, what's the duration each time you would recommend? for ex.. 5 mins once a day everyday? 5 mins twice everyday? I don't know how much is considered too much, how little is considered too little...

Post Thanks / Like

Drill until you are tired, but not exhausted. You need to leave enough energy to stretch afterwards. If you want a real challenge & to really stage up your progress, do your drills in a pool.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ic3st0rmer View Post
    regarding the drill for shimmy & other moves, what's the duration each time you would recommend? for ex.. 5 mins once a day everyday? 5 mins twice everyday? I don't know how much is considered too much, how little is considered too little...
    I generally drill shimmies for 5-10 minutes a day, on most days. I don't think that much is necessary, though. If you can shimmy for 2 minutes that's more than enough.

As for other movements, it really depends on the individual. A minute per movement is probably plenty for a beginner, and definitely too much for someone who already has the move down and polished. Different moves require different amounts of practice for different people.

I always recommend that people practice daily, for 5 or 6 days per week. Not 7 days, though... always set a rest day for yourself, and do no dancing on that day. The body needs a rest, too!

Post Thanks / Like

I know that it is not a substitute for a great teacher in person, but I just received my 'Shimmies with Khalida' DVD and she has fantastic breakdowns of several different shimmies as well as an extensive warm up section including a fabulous seated shimmy drill that is great for beginners.

New instructional DVD - Shimmies with Khalida! - YouTube

I've been working through it the past 2 weeks (intermediate student) and it has really made a difference.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BellydancerofWillendorf View Post
    I know that it is not a substitute for a great teacher in person, but I just received my 'Shimmies with Khalida' DVD and she has fantastic breakdowns of several different shimmies as well as an extensive warm up section including a fabulous seated shimmy drill that is great for beginners.

New instructional DVD - Shimmies with Khalida! - YouTube

I've been working through it the past 2 weeks (intermediate student) and it has really made a difference.
    ohh... do they do international shipping?? cause i can't really find anything about that from their website..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ic3st0rmer View Post
    ohh... do they do international shipping?? cause i can't really find anything about that from their website..
    I'm pretty sure Khalida ships internationally and you could always ask her herself (she is a member of this forum).
    --
    Daim.

Post Thanks / Like

I know for certain she ships to Japan.

Post Thanks / Like

She ships from Germany and I am in the US so I would guess you shouldn't have any troubles. I bought it directly from her website Khalida - International Belly Dance Performer and Instructor - Homepage

Post Thanks / Like

i'm just worried that the dvd will get lost in e midst of shipping. it happened to me before...

Post Thanks / Like

Khalida ships internationally (my DVDs arrived superfast) and if you are worried about anything - drop her a private message. She is a member of this forum and a great person, I am sure she will be happy to erase your concerns.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast