Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Post Thanks / Like

ohhhh..... will get it when my wallet's not so tight...by the way, how many years do we need to learn to perform for own's company dinner & dance?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ic3st0rmer View Post
    ohhhh..... will get it when my wallet's not so tight...by the way, how many years do we need to learn to perform for own's company dinner & dance?
    Do you mean how long before you can dance for other people? the general public? or as a paid performer? Really depends on your talent, how hard you work, and the quality of your teaching.

Most students can handle a performance for family and friends in 6-24 months. Probably double that for the GP. I would think a minimum of 5 years - with good tutoring and talent - before considering getting paid work. For many people they will never be ready.

Post Thanks / Like

i'm actually thinking of performing bd for my organisation's dinner and dance next year since the programs are usually performed by the company's employees, but it's definitely not as a paid performer.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ic3st0rmer View Post
    i'm actually thinking of performing bd for my organisation's dinner and dance next year since the programs are usually performed by the company's employees, but it's definitely not as a paid performer.
    Unless you are working with a good teacher - I'd hold off a bit. You should present a solid performance to your workmates - or you may be embarrassed for years. It takes an experience eye to guide. And you really need some experience with a gentler audience first. You may be suprised how much your dance falls apart under stress.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kashmir View Post
    Unless you are working with a good teacher - I'd hold off a bit. You should present a solid performance to your workmates - or you may be embarrassed for years. It takes an experience eye to guide. And you really need some experience with a gentler audience first. You may be suprised how much your dance falls apart under stress.
    Agreed, 100%.

Post Thanks / Like

alright... i shall heed thy advice... ^_^

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a bit late to the party I see :/ But just in case you are (or anyone else is!) still interested in buying the shimmies DVD: I am currently offering a 15% discount on all DVD purchases through the web store, AND free worldwide shipping included

Simply type in 'HOLIDAY' in the designated field on checkout and Bob will be your uncle Happy shopping!

xx Khalida
    Last edited by Shanazel; 11-22-2012 at 10:24 PM. Reason: remove links

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345