Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm New Yorker, so we HATE teams in Boston area such as "Red Sox", "Celtics" and "Patriots" No reason just we HATE them, and they hate us.

I went Jets vs. Bengals game today, yes if you saw game on TV it was pouring rain in 1st half. I took photos just 1st half, because most of starters sit down after the 1st QTR in Bengals, and 1st half for Jets.

When Plax (Jets WR) made TD in end of 2nd QTR, he was in front of me, but I had only 70-200mm lens, and it was too close to get good shot. Plax & Santonio in the same team like they were back in the Pitt. But before that they were Big Ten rival Michigan St. (Plax) and Ohio St. (Santonio). I can't tell Plax haven't play about 2 years. I guess he practice in prison...

Jets looks good, but Bengals I don't know. So many new faces and rookie QB is still not fit to their system. I can tell they miss Ocho Cinco, and TO for sure.

GB: Talking about Bears, it was heart breaking for 2006 Super Bowl at Miami. It was my dream SB because I also liked Colts in AFC. It was also historical game that both head coaches are African Americans (I loved both coaches) and it was first AA coach to become SB champion. Plus, half time show was PRINCE! Two my favorite teams and PRINCE, so it was my dream SB. I wish Bears won because Cedric Benson was there even though he got injured in 1st half and couldn't continue to play, and Hester made really good opening kick off return TD.

Giants vs. Bears on Monday night tomorrow, but I'm not going to the game. I'll cheer for my Giants tomorrow.

I can talk about football all day, all night, but I guess not may people on the forum interested in...

Post Thanks / Like

2006 - don't remind me! Most of the fans didn't want Rex Grossman to play, as we didn't feel he was the man for the job. He certainly lived up to that belief. And Jay Cutler? Well, he has an awful lot of improving to do as well in my book, as he needs to get off of his "star" status and concentrate on playing football.

But the worst sort of behavior are the 49ers fans beating up and shooting Raiders fans. There is no excuse at all whatsoever for this type of criminal behavior.

Post Thanks / Like

GB
    I won't say anything about Monday night's game. Bears @ Giants... (zip my mouth)

Hey this is still PRE-SEASON, so you never now what's gonna happen during the regular season... Two more weeks to shape up all rosters, so maybe Bears will start other QB.... Like Orton got starter job in 2005-2006 season....

I just don't understand fan's behavior. This is just a game after all... SMH

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pirika Repun View Post
    GB
    I won't say anything about Monday night's game. Bears @ Giants... (zip my mouth)

Hey this is still PRE-SEASON, so you never now what's gonna happen during the regular season... Two more weeks to shape up all rosters, so maybe Bears will start other QB.... Like Orton got starter job in 2005-2006 season....

I just don't understand fan's behavior. This is just a game after all... SMH
    Aw, thanks! I'm not surprised though - that's all I'll say.

Fan behavior - people will start staying away if it becomes like gangbanger fans.

Post Thanks / Like

To Pirika Repun:

I haven't kept up with football this season but I overheard the talk today and it made me remember you. There is to be an apocalyptic showdown between your Giants and my Patriots. In the spirit of good sportsmanship I would like to say may the best team win, but if the best team can't win, may the Giants win.

Seriously, if the Patriots lose I just hope they don't lose 49-0 and limp off the field as if they've been stepped on by a 1000 lb football shoe.
    Last edited by Erik; 01-24-2012 at 09:46 AM. Reason: typo

Post Thanks / Like

Default College Football, Anyone?

I enjoy pro (American) football, but don't really have a favorite team....my passion is college football (I LOVE it !!!)....both my granddad and his brother played college football and I grew up watching it with my granddad and my mom. My granddad's brother only had one arm (lost his left arm above the elbow in a childhood accident) but he made Little All-American in 1952 -- I read where someone said he played football like he had three arms !!!

My favorite college team of all-time? University of Alabama -- Roll Tide, Baby !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Ah, yes, Roll Tide. My constant daily reminder of where I am. No one here seems to care about pro football very much. It's either Alabama or Auburn.

I tell them, "It's just a football game. If you miss it there will be another." And they look at me sadly as if I'm just one of those poor fools who doesn't understand.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Erick

In the spirit of good sportsmanship I would like to say may the best team win, but if the best team can't win, may the Giants win.
    Oh, no wonder why Patriots won over Ravens.

Hi Janene
    First of congratulations to your Alabama Crimson Tide for National Champions! They made revenge to LSU! Nick Saban is really good coach. Heisman finalist Trent Richardson had really good season. I met him when he came to NY for Heisman award. I took his photos, but all images in my card were gone. You have no idea how shock I was, because I took RG3's Super Man socks with red cape photo too, but all gone...

Yes, I also big fan of college football. I don't have favorite team now, but I used to like TX Longhorns, because of my boy Cedric Benson.

I went Rutgers game when Ray Rice (now Ravens, RB) was there to take game photos. It was against Steve Slaton (now Dolphins, RB) & West Virginia game. WV killed RU that game, but I like collage games, because kids are more hungry to get NFL.

I like college basketball because of the same reason. I stop watching NBA (pro) because sometimes so obvious that which team NBA want to win, and more offense oriented high score game that totally turn me off. I love strong defense team, but 100 over points game is totally boring to me.

Anyway, 2 more weeks to Super Bowl, I believe "De Ja Vu" from SB XLII
    Last edited by Pirika Repun; 01-24-2012 at 08:43 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pirika Repun View Post
    Hi Janene
    First of congratulations to your Alabama Crimson Tide for National Champions! They made revenge to LSU! Nick Saban is really good coach. Heisman finalist Trent Richardson had really good season. I met him when he came to NY for Heisman award. I took his photos, but all images in my card were gone. You have no idea how shock I was, because I took RG3's Super Man socks with red cape photo too, but all gone...

Yes, I also big fan of college football. I don't have favorite team now, but I used to like TX Longhorns, because of my boy Cedric Benson.

I went Rutgers game when Ray Rice (now Ravens, RB) was there to take game photos. It was against Steve Slaton (now Dolphins, RB) & West Virginia game. WV killed RU that game, but I like collage games, because kids are more hungry to get NFL.

I like college basketball because of the same reason. I stop watching NBA (pro) because sometimes so obvious that which team NBA want to win, and more offense oriented high score game that totally turn me off. I love strong defense team, but 100 over points game is totally boring to me.

Anyway, 2 more weeks to Super Bowl, I believe "De Ja Vu" from SB XLII
    Thanks so much for the congrats !! Too bad you don't still have the pics -- would liked to have seen them.
    I love the passion of college football (not to say it's lacking in pro, by any means, though)...will tune in to the Super Bowl !!

Post Thanks / Like

I am not a football fan ( I did not understand the rules for many years )but in Australia its the most popular sport. I went to see several games with my friends and enjoyed the atmosphere , the cheering and the booing . Australian football is a bit different than American football , Its a mixture of Soccer , American Football , Rugby and some indigenous sport .They wear tight shorts and sleeveless t shirts and try to beat each other up in every possible occasion .

Last edited by Dev; 01-25-2012 at 04:40 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast