Please identify this drum solo

Farasha Hanem

:shok: I have this somewhere! Only thing is, I got back late from work and grocery shopping, and popped in to make sure everything was all right on the forum. Let me go through my music this weekend, unless someone else here knows off the top of his or her head what the name of this music is. :)

Yshka

That's strange, I've danced this drumsolo as part of my repertoire for ages and always was labeled as Saidi Hani Mhanna. I think it was labeled that way on one of the BDSS CD's, possible "Bellydance... at it's best!". Anybody got thoughts on that?

:think:

Last edited:

flowerrose

I have noticed one difference: "Saidi Hani Mehanna" is missing the beginning piece of the music in "Rannet al Tabla". Moreover, I think "Rannet al Tabla" is more popular. When I searched its name in Google, I found thousands of websites sharing this music. While even famous sharing websites such as 4shared.com found nothing when searching for "Saidi Hani Mehanna".

Pleasant dancer

I have that CD also as well as the performance DVD that goes with it. On the performance DVD Jillina dances a tabla solo to Rannet al Tabla. I believe the CD notes are wrong and no 1 labelled Rannet is Saidi Hani Mhanna and No 9 labelled Hani is actually Rannet al tabla.

This makes sense 'cos Rannet at tabla sounds like it should be a tabla solo, and Saidi Hani Mhanna has a saidi sound! Took me a while to work this out. Mislabeling is rather common I have found. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Yshka

Dear ladies,

you both seem to be right as I did note the youtube clip has a verrrry nice beginning that the one I have on the BDSS cd is missing. The notes might be incorrect indeed (as I've experienced this more often with BDSS cd's, no offense ;)).

Thanks for your thoughts!:)

Last edited: