Thread: Silk Veil

Post Thanks / Like

Default Silk Veil

Can anyone recommend a good instructional DVD for veil work. I received a new silk veil for Christmas, but my instructor doesn't do much with veil so I would like to find a good DVD to practice with.

Also, any advice on using a silk veil? I'm having a problem with static, but I'm afraid to spray it with something like Static Guard for fear it will leave stains. It's a beautiful veil and I'm sure it will float beautifully if I can just get it to LET GO OF ME!

Post Thanks / Like

"Can anyone recommend a good instructional DVD for veil work. I received a new silk veil for Christmas, but my instructor doesn't do much with veil so I would like to find a good DVD to practice with"
    I think Katia has anew video just for silk veils. You're so lucky to get one for Christmas! I love veil work but working with silk is sooo different for me. Her video is available from IAMED. If you get it before me, let me know how it turns out.
    Yasmine

Post Thanks / Like

I would like to recomend Veena and Neena "Mistic Dance" video, I am not too good with veils but I think this is a good coreo, for Beginners,

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yasmine Bint Al Nubia View Post
    "Can anyone recommend a good instructional DVD for veil work. I received a new silk veil for Christmas, but my instructor doesn't do much with veil so I would like to find a good DVD to practice with"
    I think Katia has anew video just for silk veils. You're so lucky to get one for Christmas! I love veil work but working with silk is sooo different for me. Her video is available from IAMED. If you get it before me, let me know how it turns out.
    Yasmine
    I am also looking forward on comments about this "Smooth as Silk" DVD by Katia as I also got my first genuine A´Kai silks veil and am totally in love with it but also recognized that it is much more stubborn to dance with than the chiffon veil - probably I would purchase that DVD without hesitation as other DVD:s by Katia are wonderful but it is not yet available in many sources and price is too high even for excellent DVD

Also "Veil with Aziza" by IAMED is fine as a basic veil dance training but it is not specific for silk veil - like most of the other veil dance videos are neither

Post Thanks / Like

To help with the static issue - gently rub the veil with a dryer sheet. In my experience, this will not damage the veil, and helps with the static problem.

Post Thanks / Like

I want to clarify that the Veena and Neena Mistic Dance video features a chiffon veils, so, forget it if you have a Silk veil. Marie

Post Thanks / Like

I own more Akai veils that I can admit in a public forum where my husband might find out!!!
    I think that you'll get wonderful use from the Aziza veil DVD!!! She shows wonderful technique from simple moves to more complex 'tricks'.
    I found the BEST way to rid my new veils of static is to dance with em. I take them into the studio for a loooong sweaty workout...the natural oils from my skin make the veil soft and static free...no chemicals...just me!
    Gia

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the responses. I had been looking at Aziza's DVD as well as one by Joynan, but the one from Katia that is specifically for silk veils sounds perfect (although it is a bit pricey). I just placed my order, will let you know how it is when it arrives.

Also, thanks for the tips on reducing the static. I'll definitely give them a try.