Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Annet99 View Post
    I was inspired by local girl - Daria. Now she left the country, working on contracts. The winner of international festivals. Love her very much bellydance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVeHfxxStb0
    I know this is an ancient thread - but who does Daria's makeup?! I'd love to take a makeup class from her, very impressive indeed.

Post Thanks / Like

Got inspired by Shakira in one of her music videos. I think it's the one with Beyonce and the Hips Don;t Lie song. Love how she made those moves so I decided to try it myself.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zorba View Post
    I know this is an ancient thread - but who does Daria's makeup?! I'd love to take a makeup class from her, very impressive indeed.
    She does makeup herself ))) She's very very cool

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Annet99 View Post
    She does makeup herself ))) She's very very cool
    Her makeup is awesome!

Post Thanks / Like

How on earth did I miss replying to this thread so many years ago? The first photos of a belly dancer I ever saw were in (of all places) Cosmopolitan magazine in 1966. I was fascinated and tried my best to follow written instructions for dance moves. I was eleven. About nine years later, I saw Anoush Kasabian dance in the student union at California State University, Fresno. I did not rest until I found a dance class and I never looked back. Thanks, Anoush, wherever you are!!!
    "Well, now that we have seen each other," said the unicorn " if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you."

Post Thanks / Like

My first experience with live Belly Dance was Yasamina and Jason Roque with their troupe Kismet at a Renaissance Faire when I was in my early teens. It made quite the impression but at that time there was no way to pursue it. It wasn't until years later that I found out there were instruction videos by Delila AND I found Shira's webpage that I finally took the dive.

Post Thanks / Like

Almost 30 years ago, saw a dance troupe at the Renn. Fair. Learned where the instructor gave classes. Had no idea how physically taxing this dance would be, but she made it a joy to learn. Supportive, kind, and understanding. We all had insecurities. Maintained her calm demeanor whilst surrounded by our performance anxiety. Decades later, I still think she's an amazing lady and instructor - Karri Duke

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Goa0ymtxzcU&t=44s

(Only video I could find on you tube)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanne Azhaar View Post
    Almost 30 years ago, saw a dance troupe at the Renn. Fair. Learned where the instructor gave classes. Had no idea how physically taxing this dance would be, but she made it a joy to learn. Supportive, kind, and understanding. We all had insecurities. Maintained her calm demeanor whilst surrounded by our performance anxiety. Decades later, I still think she's an amazing lady and instructor - Karri Duke

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Goa0ymtxzcU&t=44s

(Only video I could find on you tube)
    Karri Duke is one of the most incredible dancers I've ever had the joy of watching - or taking a workshop from. She was the first dancer I ever saw do a "real" Turkish Drop, I was literally 3 feet from her head when she came to a stop at the end of this breathtaking maneuver! "The Little Package of Dynamite" indeed!!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234