Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Big Grin First time teacher!

Yay, I am going to teach bellydance! My class starts the 6th of september. am so excited and a little nervous, naturally. The student-gymnastics-organisation that employed me is very established and it feels great to be a part of it when being a baby teacher. I get decent pay and all the registrations etc is handled by them. It was kind of last minute they decided but I am a last minute kind of girl so I could handle it
    Now my min is occupied with finding music and thinking about exercises that make sense to me.

I am thinking of beginning with a veil choreo to "windows of the east"

and then do some shaabi or fast, happy song.

The class is one step up from beginner, not quite intermediate (I consider myself intermediate compared to Randa and Fifi )

Any ideas for a fun song around 3-3.30 min?

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations on the new challenge! I am sure you will do great!

I taught a choreography to this shaabi song this summer. It is simple and fun, has plenty of repetitions, but you can also throw in a trick or two

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations and good luck, Gisela. May all your experiences be good ones.
    "Well, now that we have seen each other," said the unicorn " if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you."

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations and good luck. Keep us updated please.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Congrats

Good one. From your email I take it your students already have basic belly dance moves etc under their belts? If not, I'd reconsider teaching choreography to them and especially a veil choreography. Too often they will stress so much with the veil that the belly dance will get lost. They will then go away thinking belly dancing is waving fabric around.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats Gisela, how exciting! I like your veil music choice.

For a Shaabi song I love So Ya So by Mohammed Mounir, Also La' La' by Omda & of course the well known & used El Hantour

Below is So Ya So Video & Lyrics
    ~Mosaic

Lyrics are fun as well.

**Edit: Due to inadvertently "stepping on someone's" toes I am removing the Lyrics from this post. Please see links below if you would like to read them. Alternatively contact Mohamed Mounir for permission to reprint his song, Mohamed Mounir | Facebook
    Last edited by Mosaic; 08-30-2011 at 07:59 AM. Reason: Lyrics removal
    Dance is like glitter, it not only colours your life, it makes you sparkle, you find it everywhere and in everything and it's near impossible to get rid of. (unknown)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mosaic View Post
    (Snip)
    Below is So Ya So Video & Lyrics
    ~Mosaic
    Lyrics are fun as well: Lyrics removed
    Hi Mosaic,

It looks like you directly cut and pasted the lyrics from my website? I do specifically ask on my lyrics page that they not be 'republished', but rather linked back to (or printed for personal use). Even if they are reposted, as in this case, a link back to the source sure would be nice. Maybe something to keep in mind for next time?

Monica~~San Francisco Belly Dance~~Song Lyrics

Thanks.
    Last edited by Mosaic; 08-30-2011 at 07:55 AM. Reason: Lyrics removed

Post Thanks / Like

You have your own personal style that I think is pretty marketable.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks you all for the well wishes and support. My IRL dancer friends are being really supportive as well, which is very nice. I am considering your suggestions still, thanks so much Mosaic and Safran.

I will do my absolute best to have them understand that bellydance is more than flinging fabric Promise! I consider not adding the veil at once to get the training more focused on the body than the veil.

These girls *should* have at least half a year of previous dance experience. The shortest sessions around here run for one semester and at the place I will work you sign up for a whole year at once. That said, you never know if someone is a beginner but can't come to the beginnersclass because of stuff etc etc. We'll see...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Monica View Post
    Hi Mosaic,

It looks like you directly cut and pasted the lyrics from my website? I do specifically ask on my lyrics page that they not be 'republished', but rather linked back to (or printed for personal use). Even if they are reposted, as in this case, a link back to the source sure would be nice. Maybe something to keep in mind for next time?

Monica~~San Francisco Belly Dance~~Song Lyrics

Thanks.
    No I didn't, I got the lyrics from the website AllTheLyrics. That is where I check for lyrics. They are also not laid out as you have them laid out on your website either. If someone else cut & pasted from your website and reformatted I'm sorry, but I certainly don't appreciated being accused on the forum in such a manner. It would have been more polite to PM about the matter. I have never been to your website until now - (followed your link in your post)
    ~Mosaic
    PS: Here is the link to AllTheLyrics Solved: Soya soy, habibi haba soy?
    (have found the lyrics as I posted in several places on the web, just google them)
    Last edited by Mosaic; 08-29-2011 at 11:37 PM.
    Dance is like glitter, it not only colours your life, it makes you sparkle, you find it everywhere and in everything and it's near impossible to get rid of. (unknown)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast