Shimmy routines,lewdness,sleazy activity, boredom.

tarasamar

Recently, I attended a hafla for a friend who has her own troupe. She performed a beautiful 5 minute shimmy routine. However, I noticed that there was a very lewd aspect to her dance. As she danced, and slid her hands up the back of her neck to grasp her hair, she began moaning a little bit. :shok:

1.Was that sleazy activity?
2. Was that at all necessary?
3. How to I tell her about it?
4. In General: Do people tend to get bored with shimmy routines?:think:

Well It would be difficult for me to say one way or another because I haven't seen the actual performance. So I rather not pass judgement. Each audience member will react differently even to the same dancer and music. Did she moan loudly enough for the audience(this could mean fellow dancers as well) to hear?
As far a being bored with all out shimmy fest, I would agree that viewing continous non-stop shimmies without the subtley and variety of flowing moves can be tiresome. It seems since BDSS and Jillina's influence, dancers seem to think every drum solo needs to be recorded on the Richter scale.:confused:
Yasmine

Shanazel

Serena Wilson referred to never ending shimmy routines as "shimmy bores."

I don't offer my opinion of a friend's style unless I am asked for it, and even then I dodge the issue unless I am sure that person is looking for genuine input and not just complete approbation.

My usual response to a questionable performance when the dancer isn't truly interested in feedback is, "Wow! That was really something."

Kharmine

Recently, I attended a hafla for a friend who has her own troupe. She performed a beautiful 5 minute shimmy routine. However, I noticed that there was a very lewd aspect to her dance. As she danced, and slid her hands up the back of her neck to grasp her hair, she began moaning a little bit. :shok:

1.Was that sleazy activity?
2. Was that at all necessary?
3. How to I tell her about it?
4. In General: Do people tend to get bored with shimmy routines?:think:

I'm grinning because I'm old enough to remember the "disco diva" Donna Summer and one of her hits of the '70s -- "Love To Love You, Baby" -- yeah, lotsa moanin', and noooooo question there!

Hey, if I do the shimmy long enough will I have an orgasm, too? :clap:

Gabi

Maybe it was a moan of boredom brought on by excessive shimmying! :D

OMG you kill me everytime - yessss, I have to admit I do get into some moan and groan with a lot of activities - for me it's concentration :lol:

Boring ??? I think for people who know how to shimmy it gets boring for people who don't I think it's almost endlessly fascinating :think: