Problem with "first unread message" marker

shiradotnet

I go to "New Posts" and get a list. I click on the little icon to the left of a thread title to go to the first unread message in that thread.

However, instead of going to the first unread message, it takes me to an older message that I read several days before. For a given thread, it always seems to be the same older message. I then have to scroll down to find the first unread one.

So it's as if a thread gets "stuck" for me, and isn't updating properly when I come back again later to read more.

Is anyone else having this problem?

I did try clearing my cookies and clearning my cache. It didn't help.

I'm having the same problem on two different computers. Both are Windows machines running Firefox.

Daimona

Were you logged in (including ticking off the Remember me-button) when you experienced this?

The only times I've experienced the similar effect are when I've been logged out after logging in without ticking the remember me-thing (I also use FF).

Darshiva

It happens for me all the time now, except it always goes to the post I read last in the thread instead of the most recently unread.

Yes, I'm always logged in. ;)

Mosaic

Super Moderator
I never use it, but just tested it & it is flipping to the last post on a page that has unread posts on it, so it is sort of working for me. I normally just click the page number of a thread that I know has posts I have yet to read.
~Mosaic

Safran

I have the same issue, but it only seems to concern a certain number of threads. Often, if I have posted on that thread, it takes me to my last post instead of a first unread post. But as the threads here are not that long, I usually just scroll on and don't let myself be bothered.