Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kasimir Satler

Post Thanks / Like

I've been around long enough to know the difference between belly dance and a circus act. This is a circus act.

LOLIFIR translates phonetically to low-lifer. Poor choice of pseudonym or a honest evaluation of self- worth?
    Last edited by Shanazel; 09-13-2011 at 12:32 AM.
    "Well, now that we have seen each other," said the unicorn " if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you."

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

It's not important, because some on stage, while others write here.

Post Thanks / Like

I really don't like when peole put another music track over videos. It makes it impossible to tell what they really dance like. whether this guy is a belly dancer or not.... I don't think this video is the best choice to judge him by. Are there any videos of him doing a performance that cold show us what he really dances like?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Damir View Post
    It's not important, because some on stage, while others write here.
    I don't think anyone was being critical of his level of dancing, ir his skill as a performer, only whether or not it meets the criteria to be considered part of this dance form. That's something very different. I think everyone agrees that there is talent and entertainment value in that clip, we are just not sure if it represents our dance form because we don't see any of those elements in it. I'm not saying he isn't, its just that the way the thing is edited all we see are the fire performance elements, perhaps the identifying elements wee edited out because they wanted to highlight the fire dance elements? In which case I would say it would have been better to put more of the dance routine in the clip with the original sound tracks and less of the fier dancing so things would be more balanced.

Post Thanks / Like

Some who write here have also spent a lot of time on stage.
    "Well, now that we have seen each other," said the unicorn " if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you."

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't, therefore my opinions on anything are completely worthless.

Post Thanks / Like

Default wow

usually I dont like to watch male belly dancers..but this guy putting great show!

Post Thanks / Like

It's shame that video is just a montage, it's hard to see more than one movement from any routine.

I agree with Tarik that the fiery-ness seems more of the focus, but that's not really surprising because promotional materials often focus on the most "showy" aspect of a performance - just think of how many times we've all seen Rachel Brice backbend even though it's one move she does quite rarely throughout a show.

Other than that, i'm pretty sure i recognise the guy, i'm sure there is another video of him doing a drum solo which is much more bellydance.

I'd personally call this more Burlesque-y

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

When he stuck the fire in his mouth I quit watching. More circus. Nice circus but still circus.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast