Coktail Om Kalsoum

Kashmir

Here's a challenge - what songs are included in Amany & Bassem Yazbek's "Coktail Om Kalsoum"?

Mosaic

Super Moderator
I have the album Oriental Bellydance with Amany & Bassem yazbek and that has the track "Cocktail Om Kalsoum" on it. I didn't know there was an album by that name.

The tracks on Oriental Bellydance with Amany & Bassem yazbek are:
1 Boss Amany
2 Cocktail Om Kalsoum
3 Tablat Bassem
4 Ammouna Fi Alsaid
5 Al Tahady
6 Basbousa
7 Al Dahloula Al Majnouna

Just did a search for the Cocktail Om Kalsoum and couldn't find it
~Mosaic

mafadalo

Ok, here's my guess:

Opening - Amal Hayati
Violin section - not sure, it's either still part of Amal Hayati or something completely different
Middle section - Fakkarouni
End section - seems to go back to Amal Hayati

Either I'm missing an Om Kalsoum song in there, or the cocktail only consists of 2 songs!

Anyone hear anything else?

Kashmir

Ok, here's my guess:

Opening - Amal Hayati
Violin section - not sure, it's either still part of Amal Hayati or something completely different
Middle section - Fakkarouni
End section - seems to go back to Amal Hayati

Either I'm missing an Om Kalsoum song in there, or the cocktail only consists of 2 songs!

Anyone hear anything else?
I've been told from 2minutes it's Leylet Hobb, 4th Movement. Mohammad Abdel Wahab

mafadalo

Thanks Kashmir, I read the reply on another forum and was very close, I actually thought I heard Leylat Hob but wasn't sure. It's very nice how they did that piece, and Amani's performance to this medley is one of my favourites!

Amanda (was Aziyade)

My guess is Amal Hayetti, then moving into ?? Is it Leylat Hob? Then definitely Fakkarouni, and back to Amal Hayetti.

Maqam.com has the 45 minute Leylat Hob on their radio, and they sell the CD, but I don't have it with me. If you get confirmation that it is Leylat Hob, can you post that here?

mafadalo

Someone else who is Egyptian gave the answer on another forum of Amal Hayati, Leylat Hob, Fakkourani and back to Amal Hayati.

I think they are right as my first guess was Amal Hayati, leylat hob and back to amal hayati, and then I thought it was amal hayati, fakkarouni and back to amal hayati so I was almost there. I don't think there are more than 4 songs but if someone else has sensitive enough hearing and can link it back let us know. I think they've done the blending quite seamlessly, over these years of hearing it I never thought of it as 4 separate songs, :lol: