Your view on treatments..

Would you go for these or other similar treatments?

• Yes I would!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, not for me.

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • Maybe, it depends on the cost.

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Other - please state.

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters

Imeera

This is related to weight loss. However I think it is an entire subject on its own. Would you use treatment to lose weight if you could? I am not talking surgical, but wraps and therapies. Universal Contour Wrap - Universal Contour Wrap OR Eporex Mesotherapy - Eporex Mesotherapy Treatment Information Website

I have to admit I am serverly tempted by these treatments even considering the cost. Especially the first. I have been dieting for over two months and have only lost 2kg, I am exercising more and still no difference to any area. I am getting seriously annoyed with it all I would gladly march down there and make an appointment. But is it really worth it? I know for certain the first will not last and it is not "weight loss" but eradication of toxins and toning of the body, it says it will last 30 days but I am skeptical, the second is permanent but hard to find and probably very costly. I feel I should stick with dieting/exercising only, even though its going to get much harder to exercice one I go back to University, however, a "quick fix" even a temporary one seems mighty tempting...

So I am wondering, what do you lovely ladies (or gentlemen!) think? Would you do it?

Last edited:

Daimona

Imeera! Please repeat after me:
There are no quick ways to a permanent weight loss or a toned body.
Muscles are heavier than fat.

Now, are you sure you are following the right diet getting all the nutrients and energy you need? If you eat less than previous, your body will defend itself by reducing the metabolism. When excercising and having a good, balanced diet, fat will be turned into muscles (which are heavier and you will not necessarily loose weight, but your body will tone).
In general: Avoid diet products, artificial sweeteners (if you are too fond of sweet things, work on getting used to less sweet food) and try to make as much of your food as possible yourself. Drink plain water.

And what excercise are you doing and how often do you do them?
Remember, you need all kinds of excercises, both strenghtening and cardio. If you've had a long break, start carefully so you don't get any injuries. Do something physically every day (even taking brisk walks in your neighbourhood with or without a friend). Increase your progression slowly as well.

And my opinions of wonder products/treatments such as the ones mentioned in your post? Be sceptical. Unless there are real scientific evidences that this method really works (which there most likely isn't), it is primarily designed to make the producer money. You may loose weight quickly, but chances are that you'll gain more than you've lost within a short time after the weight loss.

Last edited:

ScarlettDancer

Imeera! Please repeat after me:
There are no quick ways to a permanent weight loss or a toned body.
Muscles are heavier than fat.

Now, are you sure you are following the right diet getting all the nutrients and energy you need? If you eat less than previous, your body will defend itself by reducing the metabolism. When excercising and having a good, balanced diet, fat will be turned into muscles (which are heavier and you will not necessarily loose weight, but your body will tone).
In general: Avoid diet products, artificial sweeteners (if you are too fond of sweet things, work on getting used to less sweet food) and try to make as much of your food as possible yourself. Drink plain water.

And what excercise are you doing and how often do you do them?
Remember, you need all kinds of excercises, both strenghtening and cardio. If you've had a long break, start carefully so you don't get any injuries. Do something physically every day (even taking brisk walks in your neighbourhood with or without a friend). Increase your progression slowly as well.

And my opinions of wonder products such as the ones mentioned in your post? Be sceptical. Unless there are real scientific evidences that this method really works (which there most likely isn't), it is primarily designed to make the producer money. You'll loose weight quickly, but chances are that you'll gain more than you've lost within a short time after the weight loss.

:clap::clap::clap: Abosultely! If these things worked then doctors would be prescribing them and no one would be "over weight". I put overweight in quotations because I think it is relative. Eat right, exercise, take care of your body and it will be the size it needs to be.

Aniseteph

No way would I think about dropping that kind of money on something unless I had evidence it worked, and by evidence I mean properly controlled studies, not a bunch of carefully selected anecdotes.

SidraK

No way would I think about dropping that kind of money on something unless I had evidence it worked, and by evidence I mean properly controlled studies, not a bunch of carefully selected anecdotes.

I second that. Further, since it appears that the second procedure is based on a series of injections of a "cocktail" of different substances, I would want a detailed breakdown of what I'm being injected with, its supposed benefit and how the various chemicals supposedly interact with each other. Are any of them allergens? Do any conflict with prescription meds?

Who performs the treatment? If performed outside of an actual medical office, is the clinic subject to the same licensing standards as businesses that perform other invasive procedures such as tattooing or piercing studios? Any time your skin is being broken, you put yourself at risk of blood borne infections.

Sirène

I second that. Further, since it appears that the second procedure is based on a series of injections of a "cocktail" of different substances, I would want a detailed breakdown of what I'm being injected with, its supposed benefit and how the various chemicals supposedly interact with each other. Are any of them allergens? Do any conflict with prescription meds?

Who performs the treatment? If performed outside of an actual medical office, is the clinic subject to the same licensing standards as businesses that perform other invasive procedures such as tattooing or piercing studios? Any time your skin is being broken, you put yourself at risk of blood borne infections.

Wait a minute... when did injections come into the picture? I watched YT videos from both sites and all I saw was compression and massage. :think:

Sirène

Compression and massage can help to a very minor degree. Both will do some TINY, TEMPORARY reshaping to your body. If you think that would give you a mental boost, I don't see the harm in it if it is something you can afford.

Personally, I wouldn't bother with an über expensive "treatment therapy" or "celebrity endorsed" facility. When I need a physical and mental boost, the spa next door does 1-hour full-body massage for $50. I may not look like a sculpted goddess when I walk out, but I FEEL like one. ;)

I've never tried a rib-crushing seaweed wrap. If the inclination struck me, I think I'd try a compression garment before having some stranger plastic wrap me in sea salt. A single garment is far kinder to the pocketbook than multiple spa visits. Spanx are plenty torturous in my opinion, but for the truly serious there is a brand called Marena. (It was twice recommended to friends after their plastic surgeries — a breast enhancement and a tummy tuck if it makes a difference.)

Last edited:

LilithNoor

I'd use them... if I thought they worked, but they really, really don't. If you want to look toned and have lovely skin for a particular event I can sort of see the appeal if I squint hard and ignore the price tag, but for actual weight loss, no way.

besides, for that sort of money you could book a personal trainer- infinitely more effective!

SidraK

Wait a minute... when did injections come into the picture? I watched YT videos from both sites and all I saw was compression and massage. :think:

I can't stream video at work, but I looked at a bunch of mesotherapy sites and most seem to support the definition I found on Wikipedia:

Mesotherapy (from Greek mesos, "middle", and therapy from Greek therapeia, "to treat medically") is a non-surgical cosmetic medicine treatment. Mesotherapy employs multiple injections of pharmaceutical and homeopathic medications, plant extracts, vitamins, and other ingredients into the subcutaneous fat. Mesotherapy injections allegedly target adipose fat cells, apparently by inducing lipolysis, rupture and cell death among adipocytes.[1]

Shiro

I grew up with a mother who was always obsessed with skinniness and perfection, and as a result I developed an eating disorder, and a low self esteem. Trust me, if you want to lose weight, no matter how hard it is, just eat right and exercise more often. It's really hard to do but in the long run, it's a lot better for your health and self esteem. Everyone has a different body and you should be happy about who you are, whether you're big or small, short or tall. There is truly no reason to use some sort of treatment on your body, exercise will do you a lot better.

Safran

I'd better save that money for different type of treatments - for pampering myself at the beautician or at the spa. It will still make you feel nice, and as you won't be having terribly high expectations, you will be able to enjoy them much more.

And give yourself time, don't try to pressure yourself into weight loss. The more time it takes, the healthier and more permanent it will be... Take care of yourself!