Chinese style belly dance

mafadalo

Actually not sure if this is Chinese, or more Central Asian - what do people think?

Have to admit the set is gorgeous and they look lovely, just not quite sure about the dancing :confused:

Mya

dislike! pretty set yes. why are they wearing face veils...and the dancing...um no.

Starmouth

The writing is Japanese so I assume this was shown on Japanese tv. To me it tools like something from a pantomime version of of Aladdin!

Yame

This isn't a belly dance style. It looks like these women have little or no belly dance experience, although they may have other dance experience. It looks like they just quickly learned a few moves and put them together in a dance that may be belly dance-inspired, but is by no means belly dance. The movements look much too stiff and external.

~Diana~

AFK Moderator
Hmm... background music is interesting but I agree I don't think those women are professional or semi-professional bellydancers. The movements were way to harsh and stiff. Even tribal fushion with this locks are not as stiff or harsh looking as this.

Aniseteph

This is why belly dance isn't just "the moves", IMO. Technique-wise I've seen a lot worse, though subtle it wasn't, and the crotch thrusts were just wrong.

But musicality-wise - ouch, like fingernails down a blackboard. It's as if someone got those moves and just flung them at the music, never mind whether they fit or not.