Marking forums as "read" has quit working

shiradotnet

I have used the "Quick Links > Mark Forums Read" feature a lot to mark everything as having been read. I use this when the only unread threads are ones that I'm not interested in reading. That way, the next time I return to the forum and click "New Posts" I'll see only stuff that's been posted since my last visit.

Recently, when I try to go to "Quick Links > Mark Forums Read" I get this error message:

Your submission could not be processed because a security token was invalid.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error.​

I think the problem arose within the last 2-3 days. Any chance you could take a look at it and fix it?

Mosaic

Super Moderator
Salome has been notified. I picked that up a few days ago. I also use the Mark Forums Read, so it is a bit frustrating not being able too. It probably happened when some upgrades were done recently.
~Mosaic

gisela

Super Moderator
Ha, I have never used that one. Did it mark everything as read or could you choose which sections?
Another way to mark the individual sections (performance, off topic etc) as read is to go out to the starting page where you see all of the foras and the double click on the envelope icon to the left. If there are unreaad posts it is brownish orange and when you double click it turns blue.

I am not sure it is a perfect fix for what you are asking Shira, but until the other function is fixed it could be a help.

Mosaic

Super Moderator
Ha, I have never used that one. Did it mark everything as read or could you choose which sections?
Another way to mark the individual sections (performance, off topic etc) as read is to go out to the starting page where you see all of the foras and the double click on the envelope icon to the left. If there are unreaad posts it is brownish orange and when you double click it turns blue.

I am not sure it is a perfect fix for what you are asking Shira, but until the other function is fixed it could be a help.

Yep! it marks everything as read. I tend to use that function when I have checked all forums through the day and latest posts are by known users, I clear the unreads before shutting down for the night, then it is all fresh for the morning and I'm not ploughing through a lot of posts I know are OK.
~Mosaic

shiradotnet

As Mosaic said, the function I described is all forums.

There is also a way to do it at the section level. Pick the section you want, so that you see the list of messages in that section displayed. Then look at the little salmon-colored menu bar. You'll see a choice for "Forum Tools" - pick that, then "Mark This Forum Read".

Last edited:

Salome

Administrator
I did an upgrade and expected there would be a few glitches after... The webmaster has been informed and hopefully it will be fixed soon.

shiradotnet

Hi Salome! Thanks for your follow-up! I just tested it, and it works fine for me now. Thank you so much for maintaining the site!