Veil and Saidi to live drums

gisela

Super Moderator
This is a performance from August this year. A cool girl I know, put together a drum and dance project, where we all learned to drum and also got to do some solos and group dances of our choice. This is my veil solo for the show. Of course I had to be difficult and choose a 10/8 rhythm. It is just so pretty. I also did a saidi dance with two other girls which I will put up later.

Please excuse my costuming. It's a bit weird to do veil in a galabeya and coin scarf, but we did not have any changing time since when we weren't dancing, we were drumming ;)

I'm quite proud of it as I am not a great veil dancer, but this made me practice and get more fluent with the fabric. There is some fiddleing going on which annoys me but I am very happy with the barrel turn at 1:15.

It was all so much fun and I look forward to working further with this group.
Drumming is awesome:D

You are welcome to comment if you like. Is there stuff I could do better? (I'm sure there is)

Last edited:

gisela

Super Moderator
Thank you Shanazel!

I wanted to share since we had such a good time.

Last edited:

gisela

Super Moderator
Perhaps this is more fun to watch. This is the saidi part we did. The solos are improvised or self choreographed and the group parts are choreographed by us together.
WHat do you think? Does it work or is it weird?

Does anyone else here drum?

Ps. I changed the title of the thread to better fit after I added the new video.

Last edited: