Thread: hello everyone

Post Thanks / Like

Default hello everyone

Hi, my name is bobby and i just wanted to learn a little more about belly dancing, my wife and i where at an Arminian restuarant and they had belly dancers needless to say my wife is now very enthusiastic about learning how to belly dance and she has no idea how to use a computer so im here to get her some info on different types and music excetera.

Post Thanks / Like

Great place to start. There is a lot for her to read and posts are always welcome...

Post Thanks / Like

to the forum
    ~Mosaic
    Dance is like glitter, it not only colours your life, it makes you sparkle, you find it everywhere and in everything and it's near impossible to get rid of. (unknown)

Post Thanks / Like

Umm. Im new to this site and I don't know quite how to work it yet! My name is Stacia and I'm a student to tribal fusion belly dance. Hi!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to Bobby and Shadowdancer!!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum! This will be a great place for you guys to learn.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    1. Beginning dancer. Knows nothing.
    2. Intermediate dancer. Knows everything. Too good to dance with beginners.
    3. Hotshot dancer. Too good to dance with anyone.
    4. Advanced dancer. Dances everything. Especially with beginners
    ~ Attributed to Dick Crum, a folk dance teacher ~

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyc View Post
    Hi, my name is bobby and i just wanted to learn a little more about belly dancing, my wife and i where at an Arminian restuarant and they had belly dancers needless to say my wife is now very enthusiastic about learning how to belly dance and she has no idea how to use a computer so im here to get her some info on different types and music excetera.
    Welcome to the Forum! Check your local yellow pages for some area dance studios.. some places offer a little of everything, and others only offer bellydance.. I myself am very fond of Bellydance Superstars, and they usually have music at places (or did before they closed, or at least the one I went to closed) like Borders and Barnes and Noble. She can check out DVDs if she's interested.. there's also an abundant supply of clips on YouTube if you are curious about various Bellydancers in particular.. I personally recommend going to a local class if your area offers one. Good luck, and check out the various threads in the forum for more in depth advice from those who've been in it a lot longer than me,