New In Town

Indigo Shimmer

Hiyo! I'm Indigo Shimmer and I just started belly dancing. I'm lousy at it! But I hope that will change. I've only had 2 classes but so far, I'm addicted! I wanted to find a fun way to lose weight. Emphasis on the FUN part. ( I am so NOT a gym fan! ) I'm very glad that I found a class and a belly dance shop so close to home being as I live nowhere near a big metropolitan area. First night at the dance studio was so scary. I'm a tomboy and doing any sort of dance is SOOOOOO out of my box! But the teacher is wonderful and the other class members are so friendly. So we'll see where this leads me. I'm not trying to be a world famous dancer or anything. I just want to increase my activity level since middle age has been playing some pretty nasty tricks on my body. ( I don't have kids. Where did these 'mommy arms' come from???!!! And how did I get thick around the middle????? )

So in a nutshell that's me.

Indy

Mosaic

Super Moderator
to the forum & welcome to your new addiction:lol: You will get better at it, we all do:D Just remember to practice the steps/movements learn in class at home, and if you feel you are not 'getting it' ask your teacher to show you/explain again. Things do begin to fall in place & remember to have fun!

.... and I know all about mummy arms and thickening middles:D, with diligence they too will slowly firm up:D
~Mosaic

Suzanne Azhaar

Greetings and welcome to this forum. The members here are knowledgeable, encouraging, and down right hilarious.

p.s. No one belly dances well when they first start; but the journey is exciting :dance:

Indigo Shimmer

Thank you, thank you for the warm welcome and the encouragement. I'm hoping the journey will be fun enough to keep me going in spite of my displeasure of my reflection! Right now I just keep looking at the 20-something student next to me and reminding myself that 40 plus ladies can look like that too! I just wanna know how this happened to my body when every day I go out to the barn and throw bales of hay down for my horses and muck 3 stalls! I'm not exactly inactive!

Indigo S