Hey, From Missouri

Apphia

Hey, this is Apphia! I'm from West Plains, MO, and I've been out of the dance for a few years, and I'm getting back into it, so I thought I'd get on this Forum site to get a little more info with the Art.. I would love any advice from dancers who have ventured into the 'instructor' role, since that is my ultimate goal.. We don't have a teacher in my area, and although I'm not entirely considered 'advanced' yet, I would love to try it.. some day. :D

Mosaic

Super Moderator
to the forum. Check out Instructors & Students for info on teaching ( you can search the forum as well, there are a few threads floating around that may have useful advice for you. :D
~Mosaic

shiradotnet

Hi neighbor! I live in Iowa!

I see you're not far from Mountain Grove, Missouri. I have many fond memories of the Ozarks. My dad grew up in Mountain Grove, so we went there a number of times when I was growing up to visit his family. I always enjoyed spending time with my grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins when we visited.

Apphia

Awesome!

Hi neighbor! I live in Iowa!

I see you're not far from Mountain Grove, Missouri. I have many fond memories of the Ozarks. My dad grew up in Mountain Grove, so we went there a number of times when I was growing up to visit his family. I always enjoyed spending time with my grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins when we visited.

It's funny you mention Mt. Grove, because an instructor from there by the name 'Casmir' has been keeping in touch with me via "Meetup" .. She's been giving me advice and keeping me in touch with the local bellydance community, however, with the Grove about a 30-45 minute drive, that's a lot of gas to consider if I go frequently.. So I at least have been picking her brains.. I recently visited Springfield, MO for a free Hafla that was at a Coffee shop, but even then, with free admission it still cost me about $50 in gas... So my main concern is a budget friendly way to get back into bellydancing... there are no places to practice here in West Plains, unless I've overlooked something. I don't exactly WANT to be an instructor, but I at least would like to spread the word, and try to get as many women interested in the dance as possible.. especially since we live in a very conservative town, with a smidge of narrow-mindedness. I guess a goal of mine would be to show the dance as an art form and to try to educate people as much as possible.

I love the Ozarks really.. its a great community, and the seasons offer enough of a change that you can't get bored too quickly.. Friendly people and great schools.... Back to the budget issue, I have a small family to consider, otherwise I'd go all out.. I'm working 2 jobs, one of them is my career as a Massage Therapist, so I would love to get that going as a successful career... so you see, not a lot of time to practice, though I'd like to make time.. Sort of caught between a rock and a hard place..

Anyways, enough rambling.. thanks for the Greetings! And the advice!!
-Apphia