Sell me your used silk veils!

Mya

Bwa! i put this in the wrong place!!! Moderator help please!!

Does anyone have used silk veils that they'd like to part with? I have some beginning veil students whom i am reluctant to let use my performance veils for class because one has already been torn...the horror!

so i'm looking for used veils that i can purchase, or if any of you are into the dying business and you have botched ones that you want to be rid of, let me know! i'm looking for 4 maybe.

thanks!

Last edited:

Darshiva

Mya, what I do is I buy cheap organza curtains, cut them in half and hem them. That way (aside from the time required to sew them) they aren't a big hit on the pocket when they are loaners. I also charge per use so that I can recoup the cost of buying them, ESPECIALLY for beginners.

If you're not a sewing type and you are not particularly worried about a wide veil (I like a narrow one as it seems more Egyptian style to me) then just cut the tabs off them and leave them as is.

Let the beginners play with cheaper, more hardy fabrics first and then when they want to experiment with nicer fabrics, they can do so at their own cost.

Ariadne

Considering the cost of shipping you would probably be better off with Darshiva suggestion or just buying 3 yrds of cheap fabric and sewing the cut ends.