Thought Provoking Belly Dance Costumes: the good, the bad and the hideous

Shanazel

Oh, my, I had forgotten that one all together! Forgive me, Anala.

So Amulya, how's about coming up with a skirt to complement that gorgeous invention of Anala's? Something in a nice bright red biohazard alert bag would be just the thing.

Amulya

Great minds think alike ;) I think that weird tulle skirt of mine could go with Anala's set. But it needs something more: knee lenght socks with bright stripes (horizontal of course), those horrible wedge shoes that are fashion right now. Those plastic bag arm decorations, a headwrap made of cling wrap, a wonky shamadan and non matching zills for special sound effects.

Marisol

Oh! Oh! A costume with pants that looks elegant and in my shade of blue too. What wonderful ideas I am getting from you lovely ladies. A dancer I saw in Florida this July wore pants and I had no camera to record the ideas she inspired. I can not copy the lovely designs, I can't even repeat my own creations, but my dreams will be full tonight. Thank You.

LadyLoba

I came across a very thought provoking costume on Youtube
The pants are like chaps!

The second song in the clip with all the farts in it, why oh why?

This one should get it's own thread...titled "disturbing belly dance costumes" lol

and its even funnier bec I looked at her you tube channel...and other than that one...it looks like shes a very good...and very beautiful...and well costumed dancer. Not sure I get this one at all

Amulya

This one should get it's own thread...titled "disturbing belly dance costumes" lol

and its even funnier bec I looked at her you tube channel...and other than that one...it looks like shes a very good...and very beautiful...and well costumed dancer. Not sure I get this one at all

Must have been a joke, maybe for a hafla, but why put it on youtube like practised in the living room?

Amulya

Special announcement for Shanazel (we need a tagging option for the forum):

have a look in the goblin calendar, there is something in there you will appreciate :p

Amulya

Got some very strange stuff in my mail, and found those ones with price tags on Etsy. One was advertised as new and the other as vintage...

Amulya

Images #3 and 4 must have come from the Codpiece Clan Collective, an experimental, very mental fusion troupe.

;)

Can't remember where, but there was a male belly dancer once in a costume with a cod piece, but that was as a joke. I think on tribe.net.