Page 129 of 179 FirstFirst ... 2979119123124125126127128129130131132133134135139 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 1781
    Post Thanks / Like

The top looks like a nude lingerie bra to which someone tacked a couple of sequined appliques. Not at all as successful as the nude hip band which I like. Something like that would've been very good for me to visually lengthen my short waist back when I still had the figure for such a costume.

Ah, those were the days... and I thought I was so misshapen back then.
    "Well, now that we have seen each other," said the unicorn " if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you."

Post Thanks / Like

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nude_silk_costume.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	39.8 KB 
ID:	10136I'm not a fan of the trend toward nude-looking bras like the one up-thread. This costume uses the nude fabric in a more attractive way to my eye, though I'm not crazy about the skirt fabric, I do like the bra and belt and the way that the nude fabric can visually lengthen the torso.

Edited to add: I re-saved the photo and successfully uploaded. Yay! In the meanwhile I upload another photo just to see if it would upload and it did. Now I don't know how to delete that one, but it's a pretty cute costume, just not the one we were discussing. Oh well.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1265261_882355191780680_41883236_o.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	39.6 KB 
ID:	10135  
    Last edited by Dunyah; 06-05-2014 at 10:56 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

The first one is pretty ugly in my opinion, the second I love, I have tried to recreate it but I couldn't figure out how to do the skirt/belt and I ended up with a really ugly half done thing (it's somewhere in my albums)

Post Thanks / Like

Oh my goodness, what a headpiece.

Post Thanks / Like

I think that is actress Barbara Eden in the blue costume. Don't think it was meant to be moved in much less danced in.
    "Well, now that we have seen each other," said the unicorn " if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shanazel View Post
    I think that is actress Barbara Eden in the blue costume. Don't think it was meant to be moved in much less danced in.
    It's Doris Day in the film "The Glass-Bottomed Boat," which I have not seen, so I don't know if she danced in it or not. She was not meant to be a belly dancer in this costume, but a Far East Asian dancer of some kind. But the lines and the headpiece, if not the color, remind me very much of many tribal fusion costumes of today.

Post Thanks / Like

Would you believe Doris Day was my first guess? Then I said, nah, Doris would NEVER wear something so un-girl-next- door-like.

Post Thanks / Like

I am a stick in the mud as I love fringe. It is something I do not see on the modern cabaret costumes anymore and I miss it. Is there a reason why or is it a new fashion dictate? For me I have to dance in fringe mostly for mental health and my own self image.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm stuck even deeper in the mud than you are- I love coins.

Post Thanks / Like

I have seen part of the movie, the part where she had that costume and she doesn't dance.