Page 2 of 173 FirstFirst 123456781252102 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aniseteph View Post
    (My inner "purist" is screaming "but WTH has that got to do with belly dance?" but I am ignoring it )

What if the Egyptian designers decide it's the next hottest trend , would it be ok?

Anala, I like those earrings! Very beautiful shape!

For the green/gold-ish bra, I agree there is something about the colors. The bottom fabric could work in a Turkish vest I think.

The only people who have created button bras that work are the dancers from The Indigo. I tried to find pictures, but unfortunately I didn't find any.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Anala View Post
    In the meantime, these are NOT billed as bellydance, but I just ordered them and will wear them with an *ahem* special costume for Haflaween tonight.
    Ohhhhh.... I love!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Amulya View Post

The only people who have created button bras that work are the dancers from The Indigo. I tried to find pictures, but unfortunately I didn't find any.
    Here ya go! I only know of the one Zoe Jakes made. I don't like things made out of buttons (it usually looks messy and always unfinished) but I love how Zoe made this one!

Post Thanks / Like

No I don't mind that, she didn't overdo it with buttons.

Post Thanks / Like

Default My Halloween Gift to You

OK, I have made my share of comments and jokes in the old TPBDC threads. Read these threads too much, and they get to you . . . in an inspirational sort of way . . .

So, my Halloween gift to the forum is my own creation!

MWAHAHAHAHAHA!

I introduce the "300 Eyed Chemical Monster Bedlah!"

I made this for a Haflaween performance. It is not for sale . . . yet. But, I wanted to show that we can all have a little fun with this and laugh at ourselves a bit. I actually learned a lot while making this set, so I plan to blog / have a photo commentary album on the PD Facebook page. In the meantime, enjoy! (The spidery, one-eyed thing is a hair accessory.)
    Last edited by PracticalDancer; 10-30-2011 at 09:39 PM. Reason: typo

Post Thanks / Like

Are...are those oogley doll eyes

Anala you are a genius! I just wish the images worked to click on. The function is still wonky.

ETA: HAHAHAHA! I just looked at the old thread you linked to. I was the first one to comment and what did I say...? I called you a genius

Dejà vu!
    Last edited by gisela; 10-30-2011 at 08:59 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gisela View Post
    Are...are those oogley doll eyes
    Oh, man! I didn't notice that at first, but it'll probably mean that they'll move while danced in as well.. Yes, Anala is a true genius...
    --
    Daim.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, they are the wiggly eyes. I didn't get a video of the dance, sadly; but, my husband assures me they moved when I did. One lesson I learned, though, is the big eyes move better for this type of thing . . . like you would want to repeat this with your own costume!

I need to give you a close up of the liner, since the gallery function isn't working. There was an "inside joke" to the liner

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Anala View Post
    Yes, they are the wiggly eyes. I didn't get a video of the dance, sadly; but, my husband assures me they moved when I did. One lesson I learned, though, is the big eyes move better for this type of thing . . . like you would want to repeat this with your own costume!

I need to give you a close up of the liner, since the gallery function isn't working. There was an "inside joke" to the liner
    OMG! HAHAHA! Can't stop laughing now (I'm even laughing too much to spell properly and write proper grammar).. Genius, yes!
    --
    Daim.

Post Thanks / Like

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaha!!!! !!!!!!!
    "Well, now that we have seen each other," said the unicorn " if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you."