Thought Provoking Belly Dance Costumes: the good, the bad and the hideous

Amulya

circle overload?

:shok::shok::shok:

Jane

Ok, the circle one got me confused, that one would be great on a weird festival with people taking hallucinogenic drugs:shok:

Idea for another troupe besides the bouillabaisse troupe?:)

Troupe Migraine :lol:

gisela

Super Moderator
Or Troupe Hypnosis :)
There are quite a few costumes with spiraling boob circles that could find a place in that troupe.

Shanazel

Now there's a name for a dance troupe: Migraine! (Pronounced like Mirage with the accent on the last syllable.) Specializing in visual effects, fiery poi balls (that always sounds like something to eat at a luau), flashing swords, and mind boggling op art costumes.

Aniseteph

Or Troupe Hypnosis :)
There are quite a few costumes with spiraling boob circles that could find a place in that troupe.

For clarification - I "like"d this post, but the concept makes me nauseous. It's all too easy to imagine.

I LOL'd at the pink/blue one Daimona posted even before I'd scrolled down far enough to see the nekkid bra. The headdress looks better in the linked picture though. The bra doesn't. :shok:

As for Circle Overload, ugh, what were they thinking? I like an amusingly themed costume as much as the next person (probably more :redface:), but that's just a mess.

Dunyah

I think this costume is really pretty, but what is that thing hanging from the bra? It seems so random. If it was my costume, I would remove that. The second costume is gorgeous, I think. It's a Pharaonics Key of Life - love the assiut and the turquoise and coins.

Last edited:

Shanazel

It's kinda like when you put your jeans on right out of the drier and halfway through the morning realize you have a sock stuck up one leg.

Darshiva

I have to admit it does look fun to play with. But I'd rather tack a veil into the costume for a one-off performance than have it there 24/7.

Sirène

I think this costume is really pretty, but what is that thing hanging from the bra? It seems so random. If it was my costume, I would remove that.

Is it attached? :think: To me it looks like the top was put on over the veil, i.e. they're not necessarily one piece. If it is one piece, then I'd rip that off pronto too.

AndreaSTL

It looks like part of the strap that goes around the back of her neck and just didn't know when to quit.
This is what I thought as well.

When the spirals are on the cups I call them hypno-tits, but all over circles? I dunno. This reminds me of the tab top chains we made as kids from soda and beer cans.

Jane

If I was any good at that stuff, I'd photo shop Dina into this "belly dance costume." The shortage of hooded belly dance cardigans has finally ended.

Last edited: