Thought Provoking Belly Dance Costumes: the good, the bad and the hideous

Shanazel

Lovely girl, but the costume looks like a colored slip and bra ornamented with a few leftover strings of Christmas tree decorations.

Jane

I liked the purple dangle-thing costume! If I had my young body back I'd totally wear it! My kitties would love it. I always think of costumes with "long-dangles-with-things-on-them" as cat toy costumes. I can imagine them attacking my shimmying butt with sharp clawed gusto :lol:

Amulya

There is something really weird going on in this thread. I didn't link the word skirt, but it has been linked to some site that sells skirts :( it happened to Seren's post as well with the word bikini.

Shanazel

Farasha's comment on the second costume:

Well, come to think of it, it MIGHT be em-bear-assing to have BEAR boobies in public! x)

Did I just GO there??? Oo;;;; 8/

:lol::lol: You did ! You did go there!

Dunyah

I'm in love with this vintage costume dripping bugle beads. It must weigh a ton! It was once owned by Helena Vlahos. It makes me wish and hope that fringe monsters will make a comeback! Not easy to see in the photo, but it has a matching cape sewn to a little bolero top.

Blue bugle beads costume.jpg

Amulya

Dunyah, you accidentally posted this in the wrong thread so I moved it for you :)

I think this costume has nipple tassels, but those can be easily altered. I still got a costume with loads of fringe, I took some off so it's a bit more modern but kept the fringe just in case it makes a comeback :)

Dunyah

Dunyah, you accidentally posted this in the wrong thread so I moved it for you :)

I think this costume has nipple tassels, but those can be easily altered. I still got a costume with loads of fringe, I took some off so it's a bit more modern but kept the fringe just in case it makes a comeback :)

It does have nipple tassles, hehe. But with so much fringe all around the bra, they don't stand out and offend like most nipple tassles do. This costume would not be for the faint of heart, that's for sure! If I wore something like this I wouldn't bother to try to update it, but just present it in all its vintage glory. However, on my body type, epaulettes probably wouldn't look good, I'm broad in the shoulders and don't need the extra width there. But I'd sure like to try!

Amulya

The tons of fringe didn't really work for me as my body is short compared to my legs, so the long fringes would nearly cover too much of my stomach! But it does work for people with a very long torso.

indrayu

Beautiful dancer and great music, but you'll see what I mean:[video=youtube_share;FSZOdOrK3Pk]http://youtu.be/FSZOdOrK3Pk[/video]

Is it the new-look site, my new android tablet (Samsung) or me being inept, but I can't see Dunyah's post on the forum page.

Hats off to the maker of the short blue costume with dangles: no tangles! At first I thought it might end up looking like an old fishing net. I like it, but better with a longer skirt-not a fan of seeing all the active leg work that has to happen. It's belly dance, after all.