Thought Provoking Belly Dance Costumes: the good, the bad and the hideous

Amulya

But on a dress the bra shape wouldn't become better I think. I have seen skirts like that not being dresses, maybe it depends on body shape? With round hips I think it would stay in place better than with thinner ones I guess.

gisela

Super Moderator
I don't think the bra shape is so bad. It's more like a little top than a bra. It would be good if you like some more coverage. I have a two piece costume almost like that, even with a small sleeve on one shoulder (which also had been taken off). It doesn't fit quite yet, so it is in my to do pile of costume-stuff.

Farasha Hanem

Gonzo's nose is bellydancing!!!

Wine Red Belly Dance Costume Dress Bra Cup D | eBay

ETA: But, having poked around some more, I love the effect of the ruffles in different colors on this skirt!
New Gorgeous Belly Dance Costume 3 Pics Bra Belt Skirt 34B C 36B C 38B C 6 Color | eBay

*clicks on link and zooms in picture*

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! @___@;;;

Much of my commentary is one-worded! >.>;;;;

I don't think the bra shape is so bad. It's more like a little top than a bra. It would be good if you like some more coverage. I have a two piece costume almost like that, even with a small sleeve on one shoulder (which also had been taken off). It doesn't fit quite yet, so it is in my to do pile of costume-stuff.

I do love the skirt, but I've decided I'm not in love enough to buy it. However, I'm trying my darnedest to talk myself out of a drop-dead GORGEOUS Pharonics that needs a loving home. >.>;;;;

ack, who am I kidding??? :wall: Once you're in love, that's pretty much it! :confused:

Last edited:

Bast

Nice day for a TPBDC

1003738_10151827530015864_1938208028_n.jpg

The arm bands are lovely, the bra is pretty but WHAT ON EARTH is going on at the crotch? Is it meant to be ......a map of Turkey...:think:

(I have ordered from this costume maker and just received a gorgeous costume from him, just not sure about the design elements in this particular one)

PracticalDancer

View attachment 9830

The arm bands are lovely, the bra is pretty but WHAT ON EARTH is going on at the crotch? Is it meant to be ......a map of Turkey...:think:

(I have ordered from this costume maker and just received a gorgeous costume from him, just not sure about the design elements in this particular one)

It rather resembles a raining cloud. And, a sad one, at that!

Amulya

Hahahaha! Maybe for the traveling belly dancer, she can embroider a stone on each place where she has been in Turkey.

AndreaSTL

Hmmm, that is a bit cracktastic isn't, it? Other than the color none of the parts seem to go with the others.

I agree that you can't make the assumption that just because it comes from a designer you like it will be a nice design. In one room I've seen absolutely gorgeous costumes next to pieces that had me wondering what the devil they were thinking. I'm not sure if something gets lost between the idea and the execution or what.