Page 59 of 173 FirstFirst ... 9495354555657585960616263646569109159 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

The purple would look better on a real body, but the over skirt design still looks weird. And for both the purple and the gold/navy costumes, the design of the decorating elements tell me it was not made by the best designers and craftsmen/-women (too simple, and lacking some of the elegance seen on costumes from the top ME costume designers).

The pink is clearly a copy of the Butterfly ensemble from Pharanoix of Egypt 2006 collection.
    --
    Daim.

Post Thanks / Like

I like all of them, except the pants for the teaching outfit. The gold coin costume is missing something for the side straps. I would have put coins there to made the cups not look so 'abrupt': they seem to just float there and it makes them look heavy. If the straps were covered it would match the belt better.

I have a whole load of coins (much smaller metal ones) I bought 15 years ago to make a coin costume like that, still hasn't happened yet...

Post Thanks / Like

Wondering how many back logged costumes each of us have. (Perhaps that is for another thread.)

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe an idea for the costume encouragement thread! My backlog: a blue costume that's half finished, a Bella that needs to be altered by Bella, a tribal fusion costume that needs blinging, a aqua velvet belly dance dress I started more than 3 years ago and still is on the mannequin....(and that is stored somewhere else) and that coin costume that I never made.

If I finish all the projects I don't even know if I will use all that! I already got loads of consumes!

Post Thanks / Like

Have mercy! Embarrassed and have no idea how far the backlog goes. Recently "finished" three costumes. Decided yesterday, they are missing arm bands with double layers of chiffon to make them "officially finished". Granted it's one hour worth of sewing, but this leads me to wonder if a costume is ever truly finished.

Give me a couple days to go through the sewing room and see what projects are lurking in there. Forbidden myself to purchase anymore fabric until all the fabric in room becomes something to wear.

Agreed~ I promise to post photos in the costume encouragement thread, sometime tomorrow morning of each of these 'beloved little monsters' in need of attention.

Post Thanks / Like

There's something very, very wrong about this one https://www.bellydancestore.com/picp...roductId=17902

Post Thanks / Like

Sort of an odd pink oriental sporran?
    "Well, now that we have seen each other," said the unicorn " if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you."

Post Thanks / Like

I am not repeating what my first thought was. Nor what I thought when I saw the close-up with the 'ring' the fabric was draped through...
    Bellydance in Kyabram!
    Skype classes a specialty.
    Email kyabrambellydance@gmail.com for more information.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought the pink was just odd until I scrolled down to the last closeup - oh dear that IS wrong .

(ETA - what Darshiva said. It totally is though, isn't it...?)
    Last edited by Aniseteph; 10-02-2012 at 10:20 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Hahahaha *points and laughs*

Yes it totally is...!

That's the best one in quite a while, Roshanna!