Thought Provoking Belly Dance Costumes: the good, the bad and the hideous

Shanazel

:lol::lol::clap::clap::clap::lol::clap::clap::lol:

The tutu... :clap:

The darn program would only let me put 10 laughies but I wanted to put a hundred.

PracticalDancer

Unfortunately, the part where I did the Moroccan pelvic drops (cuz what fusion is a fusion without THAT) was when I was facing the back, so you can't see it well. (Didn't think through that the wings would hide that movement.) The crowd did start laughing harder though. :)

Next time, I need a cane, and some fringe somewhere . . .

Amulya

The tutu! Hahahahaha, and the fishnet arm thingies! I can see this getting even more elaborate next time. Con Fusion, I think I might need to take up classes :p

Shanazel

Okay, that's it- we're all signing up for online Con Fusion classes. I'll bring a javelin. Who's bringing the stilts?

Amulya

Some new additions. The first is just a bit too much, funny how the seller has blurred that line into the picture, that means they stole it from someone else, I wonder why, why not make their own things, something that actually looks good? The second suffers from long bra strap syndrome, but I think the whole costume might be salvageable, unless those cups are really that shape as in the picture, they would need to be replaced. With the third, I don't understand the black band insirts in the sleeves and the fake bra straps, otherwise it might be ok (though too much of a plastic look to me)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 36
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 40
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

Dunyah

Ha ha, I actually have a dress similar to the one on the right. The metallic foil fabric really shines under lights and the off-the-shoulder design is a bit sexy without being revealing. I tried to find a photo of me wearing i but I haven't located one. It's definitely an inexpensive dress and not a designer outfit. But I did get a lot of compliments when I danced in it.

The crazy skirt might look better when it is not being held up like that but not my favorite combination of colors. And the one in the middle might not be bad if it fit better.

Keep 'em coming, I love this thread!

Last edited:

Darshiva

Shanazel

Spray on glue. A friend who was a beauty contest competitor told me that she used spray glue on her butt to keep her bathing suit from riding up. Really.

Amulya

Would t that wreck the clothes, or can it be washed out? And with a bathing suit wouldn't the glue dissolve in water? I rather buy a bathing suit that fits so it doesn't try to dissapear haha.