Thought Provoking Belly Dance Costumes: the good, the bad and the hideous

SidraK

Yes. The spacing of the appliques looks like she's trying to create the illusion of four overlapping breasts. The colours are lovely though.

LunaXJJ

LunaXJJ, those things you'd never thought they had anything to do with belly dance! What is wrong with those sellers?

Lol, I assume they add as many random tags as possible to get more viewers. To be quite honest, most of those would have trouble selling under any title. :lol:

Apphia

I think that one could be fixed by moving the appliques so they blend in better.

the beaded strands looked a little heavy like they would 'flop' weird. I agree with the appliques, they need to be moved, but she may have wanted them to look like those oriental fans... who knows? I think I would have reduced some of the 'bulk' by using smaller beads and appliques, but you never know, this may have been what she was going for...

Amulya

This is easy to fix: remove the circles on the cups. I don't mind the 'snout' part, it's those weird circles. It seems that this seller is rather fond of strangely placed ornaments. (this is the same seller as mentioned above, there are two costumes I really like actually)

Darshiva

I know this is off-topic, but hooray, I can open the attachments again!

I wouldn't know where to begin to fix that bra. It does remind me of some of the more questionable vintage designs, though!

Amulya

Yes that's fixed, thanks Salome!

When you think you have seen it all..... there is always something new:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-ywIDnEowYKE/TpSzMFx0v5I/AAAAAAAACHI/mRouonkAQpg/s1600/60.jpg

This 'vulva necklace' was tagged 'belly dance' and as 'belly dance necklace':

"She'll put a shimmy in your step and a sparkle in your eye.
Inspired by all of the amazing costumes from my belly dancing classes, I present to you, Beledi! Hand-sculpted in shimmering lovely lilac imprinted with a paisley patten and accented with light green inner labia, adorned with piercings, she is the perfect statement piece for your feminist friend who loves to belly dance or for the fabulous and fashion-forward lady in your life."

Last edited by a moderator:

Darshiva

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate!

I thank the gods for small mercies - at least she's not one of MY students! How vulgar!

Shanazel

I've heard of wearing one's heart on one's sleeve, but to wear one's vulva on one's bosom?

*Snork*

I love this forum.

Roshanna

As a feminist who loves to bellydance, I can think of few more dismaying things to find in my Christmas stocking than a large purple and green ladypart on a chain. And, 'beledi'??? WTF?

LunaXJJ

Well, at least its not a crotch:

Another... thought provoking piece:

Belly Dancing Eye Belts Hand Made | eBay

and a veil...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Belly-Dance...t=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item5f76136992

Last edited by a moderator:

Bast

Yes that's fixed, thanks Salome!

When you think you have seen it all..... there is always something new:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-ywIDnEowYKE/TpSzMFx0v5I/AAAAAAAACHI/mRouonkAQpg/s1600/60.jpg

This 'vulva necklace' was tagged 'belly dance' and as 'belly dance necklace':

"She'll put a shimmy in your step and a sparkle in your eye.
Inspired by all of the amazing costumes from my belly dancing classes, I present to you, Beledi! Hand-sculpted in shimmering lovely lilac imprinted with a paisley patten and accented with light green inner labia, adorned with piercings, she is the perfect statement piece for your feminist friend who loves to belly dance or for the fabulous and fashion-forward lady in your life."

:lol: I have missed this thread. What a classic.