Thought Provoking Belly Dance Costumes: the good, the bad and the hideous

Shanazel

(Where's the smacking self on the head "duh" smilie when I need it? :lol:)

And having made the video stand still, how did you get a still photo to post?

(Waits excitedly to learn a new computer trick, hoping this will get her a geek badge!)

Daimona

(Where's the smacking self on the head "duh" smilie when I need it? :lol:)

You mean the :doh: (doh)-emoticon? ;)

And having made the video stand still, how did you get a still photo to post?

(Waits excitedly to learn a new computer trick, hoping this will get her a geek badge!)

Screen shot. If you have a picture editing program, making screen shots is often a function in it.
You may also have a key on your computer keyboard that says "prt scr"/"prnt scrn" (or something similar). By hitting the alt-tab and this button, and then pasting the alt- button (or on my laptop it is the fn-button instead) while you hit the "prt scr" and then pasting the image you get in a picture editing program (or if you want it to be in a word-document, paste in in there etc). Crop the picture and save and voilá!

Shanazel

:doh:

No geek badge for me.

Thanks for the explanation on screen shots. When I'm feeling less dopey and more geeky I'll give it a try.

Disclaimer: I really CAN walk and chew gum.

Daimona

:doh:

No geek badge for me.

Thanks for the explanation on screen shots. When I'm feeling less dopey and more geeky I'll give it a try.

Disclaimer: I really CAN walk and chew gum.

It's ok. Sometimes a brain turn itself off and we forget to think (or as it was described in a youtube video I think you've seen not too long ago: Brain farts!) :)

Shanazel

No, Daim, I'm just old and having raised two children to adulthood (YEA, empty nest!) I have only seventeen brain cells that have not turned to applesauce. Somedays I have too many thoughts and too few cells and therefore do/say dumb things.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.:D

Daimona

And another picture of the same costume.

Last edited:

Nejmeh

I like the concept and I don`t even dislike the veil, as it looks like it can be turned into a hairpiece...

I do NOT however like the skin tone in the bra! I was just glazing over the pictures when I saw this one and I did think for a second she wasn`t wearing any bra at all...:shok:

SeeJaneDance

If they'd replace the nude fabric in the bra with that blue, they'd have a keeper! I don't get what's going on with the headpiece, though.

The circle one...at first I thought that with a different (solid color) skirt, it wouldn't be so bad. But then realized that three different prints are on one bra cup...

Nejmeh

Ok, the circle one got me confused, that one would be great on a weird festival with people taking hallucinogenic drugs:shok:

Idea for another troupe besides the bouillabaisse troupe?:)