What are the differences between the various belly dance styles?

Yame

Why do all your posts just consist of a title, and then a couple of words? Do you want to be treated as a serious forum member, or would you rather us think you're a troll?

This is an extremely general question and it's been asked a million times before. Here are a couple of threads, which will lead you over to many more other threads:

http://www.bellydanceforums.net/dance-styles/15508-can-anyone-explain-different-styles-me.html

http://www.bellydanceforums.net/dance-styles/15158-difference-between-all-styles.html

Why do all your posts just consist of a title, and then a couple of words? Do you want to be treated as a serious forum member, or would you rather us think you're a troll?

This is an extremely general question and it's been asked a million times before. Here are a couple of threads, which will lead you over to many more other threads:

http://www.bellydanceforums.net/dance-styles/15508-can-anyone-explain-different-styles-me.html

http://www.bellydanceforums.net/dance-styles/15158-difference-between-all-styles.html

You hurt my feelings. Please stop.

Last edited:

Yshka

Dear Ismaila, welcome to the forum! Speaking as a moderator here, the ladies here have not said anything hurtful, it is just a fact that posting one liners in the forum many times in a short period of time and getting a little defensive when people actually answer makes us a little suspicious of your intentions, but you have explained that is not the case, so everything is in order, right?

The report post button should be used if somebody uses foul language or is downright abusive, which is not the case here. This is a discussion forum and many times one's opinion may be challenged as opinions differ from one person to another, but that is not a reason to tell people to stop sharing their opinions, as those are what makes this forum fun, both agreeing and agreeing to disagree. ;)

As I've seen a few members point out, responses to many of your questions are in already existing threads. If you use the search button you will find those threads and will find some really good answers given already. That way, you will be able to contribute to those threads so they don't die out, and all the important info and answers on those topics will not be scattered around, but all neatly in one place for everyone to find easily. :)

If you have any questions about the use of the forum, feel welcome to check the "Chat about this Website" section or the forum rules, where many things are explained. Enjoy your stay! :cool:

Dear Ismaila, welcome to the forum! Speaking as a moderator here, the ladies here have not said anything hurtful, it is just a fact that posting one liners in the forum many times in a short period of time and getting a little defensive when people actually answer makes us a little suspicious of your intentions, but you have explained that is not the case, so everything is in order, right?

The report post button should be used if somebody uses foul language or is downright abusive, which is not the case here. This is a discussion forum and many times one's opinion may be challenged as opinions differ from one person to another, but that is not a reason to tell people to stop sharing their opinions, as those are what makes this forum fun, both agreeing and agreeing to disagree. ;)

As I've seen a few members point out, responses to many of your questions are in already existing threads. If you use the search button you will find those threads and will find some really good answers given already. That way, you will be able to contribute to those threads so they don't die out, and all the important info and answers on those topics will not be scattered around, but all neatly in one place for everyone to find easily. :)

If you have any questions about the use of the forum, feel welcome to check the "Chat about this Website" section or the forum rules, where many things are explained. Enjoy your stay! :cool:
I am sorry if I was rude. I will take your advice.:)

gisela

Super Moderator
there is a sticky I think, but in the youtube section. It might be more useful in "dance styles".

Farasha Hanem

Thank you.

There is also a quote button in the lower right-hand corner of each post, so if you want to answer more than one person's replies, you may click quote, respond, post, go back to the thread, click "quote," but this time, highlight the whole post, right-click and go to "Copy." Go back into the thread, hit "edit" on your last post, scroll down to make a new paragraph, right-click and hit "paste," then reply underneath that post. You can do this multiple times in your post, rather than doing multiple-posts.

There is also a quote button in the lower right-hand corner of each post, so if you want to answer more than one person's replies, you may click quote, respond, post, go back to the thread, click "quote," but this time, highlight the whole post, right-click and go to "Copy." Go back into the thread, hit "edit" on your last post, scroll down to make a new paragraph, right-click and hit "paste," then reply underneath that post. You can do this multiple times in your post, rather than doing multiple-posts.

I hope that I remember to do that.