Post Thanks / Like

Default Student of belly dance from NH, new to the forum!

Hello all, my name is Teala (pronounced tee-la) and my stage name is Soraya. I have been dancing for 4 years with a group based out of Maine called Imari and the Sahara Desert Dancers.
    I have had the same teacher all this time, and I am looking to branch out and learn new things. I love my teacher but I find that she is not interested in learning new things, where as I am for sure. Also, our group is rather large (in fact i think its the largest in the north east) and with that comes many....personalities (mine is a large one, I know!). I am fed up with the cattiness and now I am considering breaking out on my own, or as a trio with two other dancers who live near me.
    Though I have performed dozens and dozens of times with my troupe, my 2 girls and I are doing our first performance as a trio on saturday! We are very excited and hope this will be a door opener for us.

I am looking forward to chatting with you wonderful dancers and learning all I can from different people from different parts of the world!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on striking out on your own.
    "Well, now that we have seen each other," said the unicorn " if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you."

Post Thanks / Like

to the forum. Sounds great that you and 2 friends will branch out on your own, good luck & have fun. Do let us know how it all goes.
    ~Mosaic
    Dance is like glitter, it not only colours your life, it makes you sparkle, you find it everywhere and in everything and it's near impossible to get rid of. (unknown)

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome. I hope you do well with your belly dancing.