shimmies in germany :)

Loula

Hi forum :)
I would like to introduce myself, I'm Loula (well thats not REALLY my name but a mix of my true name and nickname ;)), Im 29 years old (appearing much younger though;)) and I am a design student. Before that i studied veterinary medicine in Jordan where i grew up- when i came to germany (I am half german) it turned out to be easier to start something new. So now I am in the creative relams, which i really like. I have been dipping into belly dance on and off but sadly never got the chance to get anywhere near proffessional. Now that i am a bit older, almost out of school and more physically active i am hoping to be more serious about it. I also have a back condition (lower back) that reminds me to get up and dance ;). That being said, i admit that right now my main source for instructions are dvds (i know i will get scolded for that). Thankfully there are some DVDs that really pay attention to explaining correct muscle activity (i love Sandra! And of course rachael brice and many others). Unfortunately my attempts to find a dance group (or "dance friend") here in hannover have been unsuccessful (so far). So Im hoping to meet some nice girls/women here to share experiences with and just chitchat about common interests.
It's great to meet you all and I would love to hear from you:). I don't bite :)

Loula

Mosaic

Super Moderator
to the forum, One of our members Chryssanthi Sahar is from Heidleberg & has a dance studio there. She has been around the dance scene many, many years & may know of teachers & other dancers where you live. Hope you can find a dance friend soon.

But you are very welcome to chit-chat here on the forum:D
~Mosaic

Loula

:)

Thank you Mosaic for the warm welcome and the tip :). (that was fast- you truly are a super moderator :D)

Manuela

Hi Loula,

oh lucky you, there are many oriental dance studios in Hannover! Have you looked at www.sibel-nefa.de ?
I hope you'll find a group that suits you :)

Best wishes, Manuela

Last edited:

Loula

Thanks everyone

...for the sweet welcomes :)
@Manuela: i guess you are right. I have looked at sibel nefas website, and i have been to "tanzraum" (tribal dance last year with patricia). It's just that i was only there for the vacation then and never really "hooked up" with the group. Right now it's the lack of money that is stopping me from going ;). Where do u live?

@ismaila: Okay...I will try to be careful here :) . Jordan is a beautiful country and for someone who didn't grow up there the culture is fascinating I'm sure. For me personally it was hard due to the restrictions I had as a girl/ young woman. But I'm sure that is also influenced by one's family and surroundings so I can't speak for everyone. I personally did not have much freedom and that kind of cast a shadow on life there. If you are interested in knowing more, or if you have specific question you can pm me .

Thanks Gisela (you're not too far away either, yay!)
lovely to meet you all!

...for the sweet welcomes :)
@Manuela: i guess you are right. I have looked at sibel nefas website, and i have been to "tanzraum" (tribal dance last year with patricia). It's just that i was only there for the vacation then and never really "hooked up" with the group. Right now it's the lack of money that is stopping me from going ;). Where do u live?

@ismaila: Okay...I will try to be careful here :) . Jordan is a beautiful country and for someone who didn't grow up there the culture is fascinating I'm sure. For me personally it was hard due to the restrictions I had as a girl/ young woman. But I'm sure that is also influenced by one's family and surroundings so I can't speak for everyone. I personally did not have much freedom and that kind of cast a shadow on life there. If you are interested in knowing more, or if you have specific question you can pm me .

Thanks Gisela (you're not too far away either, yay!)
lovely to meet you all!
I so want to go to Jordan some day.

Loula

hmm

i must say I would love to see petra ( i haven't- yes that's very strange since I lived there for 22 years). I would definitely go and visit. But in the long run, i do like Europe a lot:)

Manuela

I have looked at sibel nefas website, and i have been to "tanzraum" (tribal dance last year with patricia). It's just that i was only there for the vacation then and never really "hooked up" with the group. Right now it's the lack of money that is stopping me from going ;). Where do u live?

I've been to the Tribalfest in Hannover this year :)
I live in Würzburg, I found a good teacher there, but there aren't really any bellydance studios, workshops or events in the city, and it surely would be great to find a group who practices and performs somewhat more often. Well let's keep on searching :)

Best wishes, Manuela