Thread: New Nomad in ND

Post Thanks / Like

Default New Nomad in ND

I'm a college student, I began belly dancing about 2 1/2 years ago and studied under my good friend that came to us from SLC, Utah and had studied at Kismet for 7yrs. I was left to inherit the small, private, christian college's troupe and am the new leader/instructor- yikes! Belly dance is not a popular thing in ND, it is a very misunderstood thing in fact. Our troupe is small (4 other "advanced" students, 3 newbies that attend sporadically, and the rest have wandered off somewhere...)

I do my best to teach a solid class with what little I know in the grand scheme of things. Hoping I can take classes for myself when I get out of here, but in the meantime, there's no better way to learn something than to have to teach it! Right?

Post Thanks / Like

to the forum. Good for you keeping the small group together, have fun with it, if possible attend a few workshops somewhere to keep yourself on track or try to get hold of a few DVDs (if you haven't already).
    ~Mosaic
    Dance is like glitter, it not only colours your life, it makes you sparkle, you find it everywhere and in everything and it's near impossible to get rid of. (unknown)

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to this website.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice to "meet" you! I'm in the Midwest too, in Iowa. You didn't say where you are in North Dakota. I know dancers in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. I also know a couple in North Dakota. Belly dancers are kind of sparse in the Dakotas, but there are some!

Post Thanks / Like

Hello Lizelda Navi! Welcome to Bellydanceforums