New Nomad in ND

lizelda_navi

I'm a college student, I began belly dancing about 2 1/2 years ago and studied under my good friend that came to us from SLC, Utah and had studied at Kismet for 7yrs. I was left to inherit the small, private, christian college's troupe and am the new leader/instructor- yikes! Belly dance is not a popular thing in ND, it is a very misunderstood thing in fact. Our troupe is small (4 other "advanced" students, 3 newbies that attend sporadically, and the rest have wandered off somewhere...)

I do my best to teach a solid class with what little I know in the grand scheme of things. :pray: Hoping I can take classes for myself when I get out of here, but in the meantime, there's no better way to learn something than to have to teach it! Right? ;)

Mosaic

Super Moderator
to the forum. Good for you keeping the small group together, have fun with it, if possible attend a few workshops somewhere to keep yourself on track or try to get hold of a few DVDs (if you haven't already:D).
~Mosaic

shiradotnet

Nice to "meet" you! I'm in the Midwest too, in Iowa. You didn't say where you are in North Dakota. I know dancers in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. I also know a couple in North Dakota. Belly dancers are kind of sparse in the Dakotas, but there are some!