So it's not just me!

Laya

Started belly dancing 4 weeks ago and I'm hooked, obsessed almost lol, and I can totally tell after browsing this forum, that it has that effect on many- makes me feel better! :)

I was in tesco today doing my shopping and the whole time I was doing upward figure 8's in my head.. 1234.. 1234.. lol Im actually quite excited, because after 3 children, my body is not what it used to and I've never managed to commit to any type of excerise, toning, ect.. for the first time I've found a toning workout that I LOVE! Happy Days xxxxx

Woops, think I have posted this in the wrong section, can't see a delete option, feel free to move or delete. Sorry

Last edited by a moderator:

Daimona

Hi and welcome to the forum, Laya!

I assume you intended to post this message in the Meet and Greet section instead of the Instructors and Students section, so I merged the two posts (btw, you can always use the edit function if you need to add or change information after posting) and moved it here.

Mosaic

Super Moderator
to the forum:D Your post is fine here, you are introducing yourself. Yes it's not just you, I think we are all addicts here;)
~Mosaic

Indigo Shimmer

Yeah, I'm a newbie like you and I'm totally infected! ITS ALL YOUR FAULT! ( Keep it up.) I have noticed that I'm feeling better about myself. The scary thing is that I've noticed a change in the way other people are reacting to me. The other day I was just running errands around town and it seemed that every guy I ran into was being nice and friendly to me. Hmmmmm. I haven't lost THAT much weight------yet!

And Zorba is absolutely right. Wait until you go belly dance shopping! I can't stop buying hip scarves!

Indigo S.

Laya

Totally! I can see a difference in my body shape already, it's made me feel a lot more confident, specially with my husband lol my lil man is one and lil princess is just 2 and a half, so I was basically pregnant for 18 months lol which has left me quite self consicious about my stomach, but hopefully that will tone up over time too :)

Thank you xxx

RahimaMJR

When I learned how to knit and became obsessed with it, I thought knitting must be for the compulsive-minded...same for calligraphy...ballroom dancing...belly dancing...who knows what they all have in common but I'm also glad to find obsessive belly dancers! I can't get enough of it!
Welcome!

Kharis

Totally! I can see a difference in my body shape already, it's made me feel a lot more confident, specially with my husband lol my lil man is one and lil princess is just 2 and a half, so I was basically pregnant for 18 months lol which has left me quite self consicious about my stomach, but hopefully that will tone up over time too :)

Thank you xxx

Isn't it fun? You have a great journey ahead of you.:D