Post Thanks / Like

Default Ballroom to Belly

Hello there! I have been stalking the forums now for a few weeks, but just registered myself. Can't wait to start commenting--I have been enjoying posts about the dance styles and the thread about "You know you're a bellydancer when..."

I have been belly dancing in my new home here in South Africa for just a few months now, but my first encounter with it was several years ago in the United States. Although I really enjoyed it, I had other priorities at the time...curiosity is what lead me to take it up again here--my knowledgable teacher is what spurred me on to take classes more seriously and regularly. I like that she teaches a lot about body awareness and I can really feel (physically, in various muscles) my progress so far and am delighted!

I did ballroom for a few years and even taught at a studio, but I find the community within this world to be much more accessible, inclusive, encouraging...the list goes on, although I will always love the beauty of ballroom and latin dancing.

Look forward to communicating more with everyone here!

Post Thanks / Like

to the forum & the world of bellydance & your new addiction. Look forward to hearing about your journey
    `Mosaic
    Dance is like glitter, it not only colours your life, it makes you sparkle, you find it everywhere and in everything and it's near impossible to get rid of. (unknown)

Post Thanks / Like

Hello, and welcome to the forum! Glad you joined us!