Ballroom to Belly

RahimaMJR

Hello there! I have been stalking the forums now for a few weeks, but just registered myself. Can't wait to start commenting--I have been enjoying posts about the dance styles and the thread about "You know you're a bellydancer when..."

I have been belly dancing in my new home here in South Africa for just a few months now, but my first encounter with it was several years ago in the United States. Although I really enjoyed it, I had other priorities at the time...curiosity is what lead me to take it up again here--my knowledgable teacher is what spurred me on to take classes more seriously and regularly. I like that she teaches a lot about body awareness and I can really feel (physically, in various muscles) my progress so far and am delighted!

I did ballroom for a few years and even taught at a studio, but I find the community within this world to be much more accessible, inclusive, encouraging...the list goes on, although I will always love the beauty of ballroom and latin dancing.

Look forward to communicating more with everyone here!

Mosaic

Super Moderator
to the forum & the world of bellydance & your new addiction;). Look forward to hearing about your journey
`Mosaic