New to the forum

elmwych

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to introduce myself to everyone here and give a bit of information on my interest in belly dancing.

I've had this interest in belly dancing for many years, but have never taken it up as a profession; though the thought has crossed my mind. The style of belly dancing I've enjoyed learning is tribal fusion along with other variations to western style of belly dancing. I've only been recently started looking into local classes and groups to join since I've been doing this on my own for so long, I want to try and learn more from others and connect.
So that is my little introduction, and I hope to both learn from and give to this forum.
Thank you .

elmwych

Shanazel

Welcome, elmwych! Glad to have you aboard. Is there a story behind your name? I know wych elm is also known as Scots elm, aka "ulmus glabra."

Don't ask how I dredged that up; it would only scare us all. My brain still stores odd bits of plant lore from my years as a botanist. :D

elmwych

Hello everyone,

ELM is the initials of my name, and I use the wych as another spelling for witch. I found the name a while ago when I came across a cold case "Who put Bella down the Wych Elm - Hagley Wood" It was actually a Wych Hazel Tree. I found the name of the tree interesting and decided to use it.

Welcome, elmwych! Glad to have you aboard. Is there a story behind your name? I know wych elm is also known as Scots elm, aka "ulmus glabra."

Don't ask how I dredged that up; it would only scare us all. My brain still stores odd bits of plant lore from my years as a botanist. :D