Post Thanks / Like

Default Clumsey girl need video.

I have Aspergers syndrome, that is a light version of autisem. One of my problems is cordination problems, both hand eye cordination and dificulty getting all the parts of my body to work together, to make a long story short, I am slomsy. I have however desided to learn bellydancing. I have found out a class is not for me, not yet for I learn physical things slower than other pepole, and would not feel well there. What I am asking is do anyone have any ideas for good instruction videos for somone that is clumsey and learn slowly.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Venefica, Welcome to the forum! There are so many videos on the market and if video learning is what you need then, I recommend Neena and Veena's bellydance series. Not the exercise vids but thier instructional ones. I think you can orer them from their site:Identical Twin Belly Dancers and Fitness Experts - The Bellytwins. Also IAMED puts out excellent quality videos too. Take your time and enjoy yourself and come back to visit us.
    Happy Dancing
    Yasmine

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for your reply. I have a set of three videos of them, it is the beginner video of the set there I have started whit and it works rather fine. I was just wondering if there is more good videos for beginners.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome, Venefica!

We all feel clumsy doing something new until we get our muscles trained. Lord, you ought to see me on a snowboard. I had to get off because I was afraid my son and his friends would hurt themselves falling on the ground and laughing like that.

In view of your hand-eye coordination challenges, regularly allow yourself to dance with your eyes closed, concentrating on reacting emotionally to the music and not worrying about style. I have my students do this, and it never fails to amaze me how much easier my beginners move when they are not distracted by visuals.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the advice. I often feel that when I try to dace after the video I jerk around on the livingroom floor like a fish on land, it must realy amuse my fieancee. But he is a gentelman and never coments.