Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jenc View Post
    How long have you been dancing? It is very hard to find the right level, I know when everything is marketed as suitable for all levels - but leaving aside whether you like Sadie or not, the Jenna (even the third dance) is much simpler than anything Sadie does. Read the reviews, ask opinions here before you buy.

okay, thanx for the reminder. I think the same goes for jillina. the one thing that I DO like about jenna is that teaching style and her choreography is "clean". there is beauty in some simplicity. she doesn't try to pack too much in. it looks clean and defined. but i'll most defintely do more research. thanx

Post Thanks / Like

I think that she is a good dancer.

Post Thanks / Like

which one? jenna saidie or jillina.

but who knows? maybe my taste will change. when I was 16, my all time favorite was suzanna del vecchio. but she isn't anymore.

some of my favorites are actually popular on youtube, like cassandra fox. alexandra dodenka, daria miskevitch. and some others.

so maybe it can change. and even if I disagree with someones style or performance. I won't deny skillz. i won't deny that jillin saide and jenna are all skilled dancers of variouis complexities and styles. I won't deny skills EVER.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ahava_Melantha View Post
    which one? jenna saidie or jillina.

but who knows? maybe my taste will change. when I was 16, my all time favorite was suzanna del vecchio. but she isn't anymore.

some of my favorites are actually popular on youtube, like cassandra fox. alexandra dodenka, daria miskevitch. and some others.

so maybe it can change. and even if I disagree with someones style or performance. I won't deny skillz. i won't deny that jillin saide and jenna are all skilled dancers of variouis complexities and styles. I won't deny skills EVER.
    That is good that you are nice about it.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't like Sadie either. She just can't catch my interest. There are sooooo many other gourgeous dancers that emote and feel and still have great technique. I don't even bother watching Sadie videos anymore. I don't really care about that taxi-program. That doesn't have anything to do with her dancing and I even thought it was kind of funny. Now, the choices she has made in DANCE... Those are not to my liking.
    immer glimmer

Post Thanks / Like

yes,. . . like the rap video with her and kaya in it. yeah . . . no.

i'm not a fan of some moves i consider very stripperish like popping into a squat and moving your hips up and down.

but thats just me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jenc View Post
    Read the reviews, ask opinions here before you buy.
    And don't forget to look up other opinions already mentioned somewhere on this forum. Use the search function to see if anyone has asked about the same dvd previously. You'll also find a sticky on instructional videos in the Instructors and Student section.
    --
    Daim.

Post Thanks / Like

Im a big sadie fan...but like any art form...there are going to be people you like and people you dont care for..that just dont move you for whatever reason. That happens in the arts, even when the person is technically skilled or at the top of their field. Look at how many professional rock bands...even classic rock bands...some people just flat out don't like...and how many professional actors who have made it all the way to Hollywood or Bollywood or Broadway that you just don't like.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't deny her skill, although I don't always agree with her interpretation of music, at all. but thats another thing. I think something can be learned from some of her dvds. which I may try the complete belly dance guide and giver her instructionals another chance.

but I don't care for all of her danced.

the thing I hate is when you get like these teen/young adult die hard fans.

"no one, no one is better than sadie. shes teh best". okay . . . . shes not the first and not the last to belly dance. you can learn so much from so many different dancers and differest styles within belly dance and you're only going to stick with one.

its just ridiculous to me. oh well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ahava_Melanth
    does anyone NOT like sadie?
    i got cyber stabbed once cuz I posted a comment on a youtube video that daria mistkevitch was better than sadie (inho she has a lot more passion) and doesn't pack to much in. et etc.

Whew!!! the folks on youtube are ruthless hater trolls wow so when someone is expressing their opinion you get sliced for that lol what a beautiful world! now let's dance....
    Last edited by Darshiva; 11-29-2011 at 10:38 PM. Reason: Fixed it for you. Hit edit, have a look at how I did it. :D

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast