Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shiradotnet View Post
    Why bother? If the one you've already got doesn't inspire you, why on earth would you try another? What makes you think another would be any better suited to what YOU want? Don't buy another video by a dancer who fails to inspire you - instead, look for a different dancer whose videos are a better fit with the dancer YOU want to be.
    I do agree, Sadie's videos produced by HMC are very alike. If you don't like one, you are more than likely not going to like another. I'm just wondering if the comparison of the Drum Solo to her Complete dvd is fair since the former is a choreography dvd, and the latter a technique dvd? The choreo dvds assume you have at least an intermediate bellydance vocabulary. To the unsuspecting newbie (I was one a few months ago!) it can be confusing and frustrating.

Post Thanks / Like

well i'll try the beginner one, even though i'm not a total beginner. but i'm a beginner to her kind of style, which i've notices, imh, is just mostly pops locks and shimmies. i've only seen 2 of her dancers that I really like. although one on youtube where shes pregnant is sort of funny.

she didn't do her chest movements as exaggerated, i think because her breasts got so big with pregnancy(lol) and she couldn't get a better fitting bra, so she minimized those movements. her movements weren't "overboard" so her pregnant performance was actually better i think.

Post Thanks / Like

What style do you like? There must be a better fit for you if you don't like the style.

Post Thanks / Like

Personally I did like Sadie very much. However now I have seen other, and better, dancers I do not like her as much as I did. Plus her morals are....questionable. Especially since I saw her and her friend "performing" in a rap music video. She has great control but lacks emotion and passion. Not that she has none, just that I have seen dancers with more than her.

Post Thanks / Like

one style i've gotten into lately is the very dramatic russian dancer. I LOVE them. alla kushnir, daria mitskevitch, aleksandra dodenka, yasmin . lve them.

yame on youtube is good, so is cassandra fox - she does carribean fusion dancing. very good. theres others too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ahava_Melantha View Post
    one style i've gotten into lately is the very dramatic russian dancer. I LOVE them. alla kushnir, daria mitskevitch, aleksandra dodenka, yasmin . lve them.

yame on youtube is good, so is cassandra fox - she does carribean fusion dancing. very good. theres others too.
    I Adore Alla Kushnir! Someone mentioned her on another thread on here So I looked her up and she's one of my new favorites
    And Cassandra is a wonderful dancer.

I used to worship Sadie when I first started to bellydance. But her highly technical style wasn't personable and made me feel inadequate as a beginner... Pretty silly.

Now I like to watch fellow dancers who look like they love to dance and, that in turn, inspires me to become a better dancer myself.

I try not dwell on dancers who I don't like as much.... And I try not to compare myself to them as well

Post Thanks / Like

Thinking back, I've only seen her dancing to drum solo type music. Are there any videos of her dancing to something more melodic?

Post Thanks / Like

i have no idea if she has or not. even to so called slower and sultry moves, she doesn't do slow moves, she still does mostly pops, locks, flutters and shimmys. thats just her style I guess

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not so much a fan of the popping, locking, and hitting every accent so she's not my favorite. It doesn't make her bad; I just prefer a looser, more fluid Egyptian style.

Post Thanks / Like

The only time I don't like Sadie is when she is doing the bump and grind. Otherwise, I have no problem with her. But she does sluttify the dance at times and that has somewhat turned me against her.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast