Page 1 of 12 123456711 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Sadie... hmmmm...

does anyone NOT like sadie?

i got cyber stabbed once cuz I posted a comment on a youtube video that daria mistkevitch was better than sadie (inho she has a lot more passion) and doesn't pack to much in. et etc.

so is EVERYONE around teh world, die hard sadie fans? not denying shes got skillz i'm just saying.

Post Thanks / Like

No, you will find plenty of people here who aren't fans. I understand she is an amazing teacher but I don't care for her dancing. It's all technique and no heart.

Post Thanks / Like

dont worry dear.....some like pepper some like salt,some paprika ,some curcum!!! we al have differant likes and dont likes,that is what makes the world go round!have a nice day dear

Post Thanks / Like

I am not a Sadie fan. I'm more tribal fusion anyway.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm no fan. She may be a great dancer - but she isn't a great belly dancer. Further, she does some stuff which is cheap and slutty. Finally from one of the forums, I hear she also teaches dangerous technique.

So, add me to the not me list.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kashmir View Post
    She may be a great dancer - but she isn't a great belly dancer.
    May I ask what about her technique prompts this comment?

I know she's polarizing, and I've heard about — never seen — some of the antics that have burned bridges for her in the BD community, but from what I've seen in clips and her instructionals, I think of her as a great bellydancer. I am curious what it is that you see (or don't see) that leaves you with the opposite opinion.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sirčne View Post
    May I ask what about her technique prompts this comment?

I know she's polarizing, and I've heard about — never seen — some of the antics that have burned bridges for her in the BD community, but from what I've seen in clips and her instructionals, I think of her as a great bellydancer. I am curious what it is that you see (or don't see) that leaves you with the opposite opinion.
    Belly dance requires a particular approach to (usually ME) music. Sadie seems to ride roughshod over the music - too busy showing how sexy or athletic she is to achieve this. (Granted this is based on only one performance DVD and a few YouTube clips) AT best, I'd say she was a fusion belly dancer.

The technique issue was an over tuck - to the point where the lumbar curve was removed - and with no acknowledgement what a neutral pelvis was (possibly she goes into more detail when teaching live) I think there may have also been issues with a lack of warm-up -not sure on that one.

Post Thanks / Like

okay, thanx.

I would like to like sadie. I feel like i'm supposed to like her cuz shes supposed to be the best, along with didem, which I just can't really get into. I've been trying to do sadie's dynamic drum solo. she has you warming up on the balls of your feet. and during some of the stand up streches, you don't see everything shes doing, and shes sticking out butt when she should be tucking it under.

i was going to think of trying another one of her dvds, but if it doesn't get any better, then i'll give up on her.

I know one really good teacher on a dvd, is jenna. I LOVE heartbeat of belly dance.

but thats where i'm at right now.

I don't like her personally because of her performances - no passion, no spirit, and her dances seem OVERCHOREOGRAPHED if that makes sense.

also, my opinion dramatically decreased when i saw her taxi video and her video in this rap video. yeah . . theres enough ppl who don't even consider bd to be an artform or a structured dance. and then that happens. bd just went back 20 yrs in history. oh well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ahava_Melantha View Post
    I feel like i'm supposed to like her cuz shes supposed to be the best.
    In whose opinion? Many, many people would tell you they prefer someone else.

I've been trying to do sadie's dynamic drum solo. she has you warming up on the balls of your feet. and during some of the stand up stretches, you don't see everything shes doing, and shes sticking out butt when she should be tucking it under.
    Well, the obvious solution is to sell that video to someone else and find a video by someone else that moves you more.

i was going to think of trying another one of her dvds
    Why bother? If the one you've already got doesn't inspire you, why on earth would you try another? What makes you think another would be any better suited to what YOU want? Don't buy another video by a dancer who fails to inspire you - instead, look for a different dancer whose videos are a better fit with the dancer YOU want to be.
    Last edited by shiradotnet; 11-25-2011 at 03:14 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

How long have you been dancing? It is very hard to find the right level, I know when everything is marketed as suitable for all levels - but leaving aside whether you like Sadie or not, the Jenna (even the third dance) is much simpler than anything Sadie does. Read the reviews, ask opinions here before you buy.

Page 1 of 12 123456711 ... LastLast