A request

T

Tera-Byte

I'm not posting on this forum any more. I removed all the text from all my posts and replies. I request that they all be deleted since I'm unable to delete my own posts. Or if I am, I haven't figured it out but tried to.

If it's not too much trouble, I'd like any quotations of my posts on other people's posts to be edited out of those posts. And I'd like my username to be deleted since I can't find a way to do that.

Aniseteph

I've no idea what content you are wanting to remove, but as a general principle I don't think anyone gets to edit out other people's responses to their internet presence.

Maybe some people will be happy to check their own posts for any quotes.

I hope this isn't a request to mods, as I'd be pretty p*$$ed off if mods were up for editing content out of my posts on the request of a third party.

Salome

Administrator
In the forum rules it states that posts, threads etc will not be deleted by mods or admin. You are not able to delete your own posts. We also do not delete accounts. That rule is in place because a. I am not having the moderators spend time deleting stuff people change their mind about. And b. It is unfair to those who participate to have the conversation hacked up so it doesn't make sense or deleted altogether.

jenc

I'm not posting on this forum any more. I removed all the text from all my posts and replies. I request that they all be deleted since I'm unable to delete my own posts. Or if I am, I haven't figured it out but tried to.

If it's not too much trouble, I'd like any quotations of my posts on other people's posts to be edited out of those posts. And I'd like my username to be deleted since I can't find a way to do that.

I am very puzzled as to why you would want to delete everything. Surely in 53 posts everything can't have been controversial. As Salome says deleting quotes would spoil everything for others, and speaking personally - your actions have made me curious - almost curious enough to check out what was quoted - if I had the energy or inclination to check 53 posts!!!!!

Farasha Hanem

I've no idea what content you are wanting to remove, but as a general principle I don't think anyone gets to edit out other people's responses to their internet presence.

Maybe some people will be happy to check their own posts for any quotes.

I hope this isn't a request to mods, as I'd be pretty p*$$ed off if mods were up for editing content out of my posts on the request of a third party.

Well, it's not fair to even ASK the mods to edit out quotes out of other people's posts; not fair to put such work on the mods, and not fair to ask us to invade members' posts to do such a thing. I wouldn't blame you one bit for being ticked off if such a thing happened, Anisteph.

@TeraByte: Of course, you may consider this unfair to yourself, but once you post something and someone else quotes you, unless the quoter chooses to edit out the quote voluntarily, it is out there, period. Frankly, I can't understand why you want to obliterate your presence here, nor do I know or understand the circumstances that led you to feeling this way. At any rate, I do wish you well. Perhaps in the future you'll have a change of heart and become active again.

Last edited:

Aniseteph

Principles aside, I didn't really think the mods (or anyone else for that matter) would trawl through their own posts looking for quotes and obligingly deleting them.

I was SO polite and mature when I saw this thread and didn't go noseying around :)confused:), and I missed a perfectly good flounce. D'oh! If it had been up for just a little longer Google might have cached all of it.

Shanazel

Who knows? Good thing my skin is still tough from raising teenagers or his remark about my "immature display of superiority behavior" might've reduced me to tears. ;)

Despite the flounce, he's still lurking as of 6:30 this evening (my time). C'mon, Tera-byte, just admit that you love us and come on back. We're all allowed at least one flounce.

Last edited:

Amulya

Haha, yes he was lurking here too when I posted earlier here today. Why not come back, Tera-Byte, we're not bad people, if you hang around long enough you'll see this is a supportive bunch of people, very tollerant and there is so much knowledge to find here.

Aniseteph

Yeah, we're quite nice really. Props to Tera-Byte for posting a clip at all - I have to summon up courage to just watch my clips in the privacy of my own living room. Putting them on the internet is brave. :cool:

Ariadne

So I missed some drama over the holiday weekend? Darn. I enjoy a good flounce. ;) Jk

We don't bite, really.