LOL on the train this morning

Aniseteph

This was in the paper this morning

I thought of here.

Daimona

:lol: I've read this comic (Nemi) since late 90ies (in case you didn't know, it is Norwegian), and I must admit that this particular comic strip actually is more fun in English than the original (it wasn't bad either, but I didn't see this connection in the Norwegian version). :lol:

Last edited:

Jeanne

"My own personal goddess, called ..." -- do we have a smiley for rolling on the floor clutching your stomach in helpless laughter?

Ariadne

Ace of Base was huge in '93. I have their CD and I couldn't have told you exactly where they were from. It still made me laugh. :)

gisela

Super Moderator
Embarrrasing fact: both ace of base and rednex were from sweden. Limahl hit was neverending story, right?

Daimona

Embarrrasing fact: both ace of base and rednex were from sweden. Limahl hit was neverending story, right?

That is correct. You're old enough to get in. :lol:

Shanazel: You're probably on the wrong continent to get those references, so don't worry. ;)
(And even if you've been on the right continent, you still had to be interested in Western pop music..)

Last edited:

Shanazel

That is correct. You're old enough to get in. :lol:

Shanazel: You're probably on the wrong continent to get those references, so don't worry. ;)
(And even if you've been on the right continent, you still had to be interested in Western pop music..)

Imagine my relief. Western pop has never been my thing though thirty-odd years ago I went with this big mean tattooed biker who loved Abba. No one ever hassled him about his Abba record collection either.:D

Aniseteph

Well I didn't know Nemi was Norwegian, you guys are so edukashonal.

Yup, I'd have got in to that club. :redface:

Thoufgh I'd have been tempted to go with Too Shy by Kajagoogoo as Limahl's biggest hit, if part of a group counts. Aaaaand now I have Neverending Story playing in my head, and a bad 80s hair flashback. On the plus side it's keeping Cottoneye Joe out.