Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Janene Aliza View Post
    I have never heard the expression "don't feed the troll" -- what's the history behind this?
    Troll (Internet) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

Experienced participants in online forums know that the most effective way to discourage a troll is usually to ignore it, because responding tends to encourage trolls to continue disruptive posts – hence the often-seen warning: "Please do not feed the trolls".

Post Thanks / Like

"don't feed the troll" is an interesting phrase.

Trolls are people who stir up trouble for fun. The phrase means 'don't bother replying to these people, they aren't worth your time.'

Post Thanks / Like

I just wanted to say, many thanks to all of you who have shown your support for us, it is much appreciated. <3<3<3 Also, many, many hugs to all those who do struggle with bipolarity. Kudos to you all for not using it as an excuse to behave badly and/or try to gain sympathy. I'm sorry that there are those who do so, and make your suffering even worse by causing a bigger stigma than ever.

Hopefully, whether or not the OP comes back, all this trouble will soon die down, and we can get back to being a happy forum again, and discussing what has drawn us all together in the first place: our love for bellydance, and ultimately, our friendships with one another.
    Last edited by Farasha Hanem; 12-09-2011 at 06:46 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

OK, I got it now....this is my first online forum, so I'm not familiar with the lingo. You learn something new everyday !!!

Post Thanks / Like

It was my first on line forum, too, and I have got to be coming close to nine or ten years of devoted attendance here. Hope you enjoy it as much as I have, Janene.
    "Well, now that we have seen each other," said the unicorn " if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you."

Post Thanks / Like

Default A little humor . . .

I found this . . . somewhere . . . on the internet years ago. I wish I could remember the source (geekdad, maybe?) so that I could bow down and kiss the toes of the person who made it. There are times when looking at this calms my blood pressure and helps me regain my composure, so I'll be sure to always keep a copy of the pic available at work.
    Last edited by PracticalDancer; 12-10-2011 at 03:21 PM. Reason: grammar! I blame lack of coffee!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shanazel View Post
    It was my first on line forum, too, and I have got to be coming close to nine or ten years of devoted attendance here. Hope you enjoy it as much as I have, Janene.
    Absolutely, and I am learning so much about bellydance -- thanks to Salome and everyone here !!!

Post Thanks / Like

That was odd. I dont come here much anymore as my belly dancing has become rather sporadic...but wow...when I read that title I thought someone actually did something..

I agree...what she did was out of line. But I hope that whatever is really going on with her...she's doing better.

I know a lot of people...when faced with something they should be angry at..but are afraid to display anger in any form...lash out unfairly at "safer" targets. I imagine there is something going on in that person's life she truly cant deal with, so she decided to take it out on a bunch of people who really couldnt hurt her.

That's still not an excuse. If you know you're in that type of mood...staying away from people (online and off) until you can calm down enough to treat them fairly and decently is a much better thing to do. Just saying...I read the thread and have read other threads with her...and nobody did anything to her at all...you guys just happened to be there and made "good targets" for whatever else is really going on.

Im sorry that happened to everyone who got lashed out at. I had a friendship end a little over a year and a half ago because someone did that to me. It's hurtful...even when its not really about you or not deserved

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234