New to this forum!

Sophia Maria

Hello all,

I am new to this forum and excited to be a part of it! I am 18 and a half years and in my sophomore year of college. I started dancing, dabbling in ballet, modern, and jazz in all four years of high school. However, around my 16th birthday I discovered my love: bellydancing. Needless to say, best unexpected birthday present ever :) Bellydancing in college is interesting for me because since I am away from my teacher at home, I pretty much teach myself and drill on my own throughout the school year, then go to classes and workshops in the summer. I am still trying to figure out how exactly bellydancing will play a role in my future life, as I am in college studying for a degree, and everyone including me expects me to really do something with a college degree and not just be a dancer!

Mosaic

Super Moderator
to the forum. Many dancers study and/or work in their chosen professions and either dance part time, at local events or just go to classes because they love the dance. It doesn't have to be a full on career - so don't worry about that side of it, just dance - a great de-stressor and joyful way to have some down time from your studies:D
~Mosaic